Rear locker in 2h - possible to program in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking84

Reaction score
Hi all!

Greetings from snowy Norway. I just spent the morning hooning around in the snow in my 2020 Raptor, and while I'm very impressed with the grip on offer from the BFG KO2's (we usually use studded winter tires here) I am less impressed with how the rear diff behaves when the traction control is off.

Is there any mode or programming that will allows the truck to be in 2h, traction off, with the rear locker on? This would be good both for snowdrifting and in an offroad situation if I should be unlucky enough to loose drive to the front. Hell, even a mode that gives some electronic brake biasing to stop the one-wheel-spin would be good

And a second question - are there various levels to the traction control? Tried holding the button down but nothing seemed to happen, although I may not have held it down long enough. EDIT: Seems there is a 5 second hold, will have to test that out :) I guess it won't help with the one-wheel-peel though.

/Viking84

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Thanks!

I did a bit more testing this afternoon, and interestingly enough the truck seems to behave a lot better when you turn the stability control all the way off (5 second button press). I suspect turning the traction off and leaving stability control on causes the truck to apply the brakes on the wrong wheel in order to prevent a slide, making it more one-wheel-peel prone than it would normally be.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're talking about advanc-trac which i believe turns itself back on after a while so you'll need to watch that.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
You're talking about advanc-trac which i believe turns itself back on after a while so you'll need to watch that.
Ahaa, yes I will have to keep an eye on that. It was really strange as I was unable to initiate a drift at all in a small round-a-bout here, it would just light up the inner wheel. I put it down to mechanics, but after turning off AdvanceTrack the truck would pivot around nicely on the throttle sothere must have been some electronic intervention going on. Surprisingly well balanced for such a big beast, but it certainly takes up a lot of space on the road once it gets sideways ;)

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its disappointing when you can't throw it around but when it happens unintentionally you'll be glad. It's saved me before.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer to drive in the snow with the advanced Trax Off and as little electric nannies as possible. I have much more control when I actually control the truck than the computer. Just the little inputs with the throttle and brake which allows me to put the truck where I want it.

Just a side effect form having to correct when on a track with greater speeds

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you should see what happens when you are running an aftermarket rear axle, with an air locker or spool and forget to turn off traction control and advancetrak.

things get real dumb and the truck will cut power mid slide and will also apply braking on different corners at strange times which really upsets the truck.

the trans programming is tied into advancetrak as well.

All nannies off/ manual shifting/ baja mode is as close as you'll get to no computer interference.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahaa, yes I will have to keep an eye on that. It was really strange as I was unable to initiate a drift at all in a small round-a-bout here, it would just light up the inner wheel. I put it down to mechanics, but after turning off AdvanceTrack the truck would pivot around nicely on the throttle sothere must have been some electronic intervention going on. Surprisingly well balanced for such a big beast, but it certainly takes up a lot of space on the road once it gets sideways ;)
I like this guy already.....drifting a Raptor in the snow :head3: :head3: :head3: