Rear Leaf Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the +2 deaver pack with the sdhq bump stop pad for a while it changes the truck right out of the box, such a planted feel, with a lot less axle wrap and jittery ride. but now I'm going to the +3 with rpg extended shackle for some more droop travel. I bought an rpg bed cage / shock mount from them and will be sticking a 16" 3.5" king bypass through the fender soon so i wanted all the travel thats available.. i have the +2 and the sdhq bump pad FOR SALE if your interested..1000$ ..bushings are still good and I have a brand new set of ubolts to go with from deaver

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the +2 deaver pack with the sdhq bump stop pad for a while it changes the truck right out of the box, such a planted feel, with a lot less axle wrap and jittery ride. but now I'm going to the +3 with rpg extended shackle for some more droop travel. I bought an rpg bed cage / shock mount from them and will be sticking a 16" 3.5" king bypass through the fender soon so i wanted all the travel thats available.. i have the +2 and the sdhq bump pad FOR SALE if your interested..1000$ ..bushings are still good and I have a brand new set of ubolts to go with from deaver

10-14 or 17+ setup?

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truckasaurus covered it pretty good in the first post, but I will add a couple things.
I am on Deaver +3 on stock hanger (for now) I am in the process of moving away from a 3.0 in the stock location and will be adding a bed-cage and Bypass through the bed. Will decide then if I want/need to get a different hanger.

As for the "while you are under there" ... Don't forget to order some extended brake lines. SDHQ, Rogue and a couple others all offer an extended length. You will want to do this as the Deaver's will allow more droop with a 3.0 Shock and it stretches the stock lines too far.
Bumps.. Good time to add them.

I'm in the south, so no rust to worry about. However, you want to keep them clean, as they can get noisy when they are full of grit

OP
OP
_veloci_

_veloci_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truckasaurus covered it pretty good in the first post, but I will add a couple things.
I am on Deaver +3 on stock hanger (for now) I am in the process of moving away from a 3.0 in the stock location and will be adding a bed-cage and Bypass through the bed. Will decide then if I want/need to get a different hanger.

As for the "while you are under there" ... Don't forget to order some extended brake lines. SDHQ, Rogue and a couple others all offer an extended length. You will want to do this as the Deaver's will allow more droop with a 3.0 Shock and it stretches the stock lines too far.
Bumps.. Good time to add them.

I'm in the south, so no rust to worry about. However, you want to keep them clean, as they can get noisy when they are full of grit

Thanks for the info and reference for the extended brake lines. That is exactly the kind of thing I am double checking for because I don't want to run into an issue where I get halfway through the install and either run into an issue or there is an upgrade that should have been done at the same time.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and reference for the extended brake lines. That is exactly the kind of thing I am double checking for because I don't want to run into an issue where I get halfway through the install and either run into an issue or there is an upgrade that should have been done at the same time.

@Rick@FreedomMotorsports is the person you need to talk to for professional guidance. He won’t sell you something just to make a sale and has the best prices for everything mentioned above. I’ve bought all my suspension components from him and haven’t been disappointed one bit.