Rear Leaf Springs expected life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched a little on the forum but not sure I got the answer I was looking for. I feel like my rear is sagging or just not at the correct height. This is a 2018 and the rear to top of wheel well is at 40.5" if I recall. I know these rear springs are soft but hell even a little weight on the tailgate and that shit sinks an inch.

What is the stock height from ground to fender on the 17/18s? Just want to get a point of reference.

Thanks!

Edit: Bought truck at 32k miles and have 49k on it currently, no off-roading (yet..). And I don't think it has ever seen a trail either.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By around 20k on my 2020 the OE rears had sagged flat. Hardly carry any gear in back and have a 21ft Yamaha boat on trailer once or twice for 1.5 miles to boat ramp or 5 miles to gas staton and back. I didn't bother complaining to Ford to have them replaced with simular sub par parts. Went with Deaver +2HD and happy with the decision... all around.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind not only utilizing full suspension travel will wear the springs but also “getting on it” will cause the springs to S shape some. Think axle wrap.

There is a video on KDM fab’s Instagram that shows it pretty well.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. It's not completely flat but it looks close. Stupid decision to go with blocks instead of full springs, who thought that was a good idea?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. It's not completely flat but it looks close. Stupid decision to go with blocks instead of full springs, who thought that was a good idea?
Mine went pretty flat, my truck may or may not have been jumped once though…..

I am running deaver K96’s (gen 1) and even though they seem to have a good arch, they still seem flat. Basically any sprung over truck springs are going to seem flat once you have seen a sprung under truck.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do plan to go either Icon or Deaver, just don't have the money currently to deal with that.