Rear Leaf Springs expected life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMach3p5

Reaction score
I had the same issue, I have a 2018 with around 50K miles and the rear was sagging so bad.... you set a cup of coffee on the tailgate and you have a Carolina squatted Raptor....... I HATED the nose high look.

I have about 3k miles on the Icon's (at the lowest setting) and the rear sits slightly higher than the front, and I have the Icon collars at max height in the front too....
They have been great and was a noticeable improvement on the rear end feel. I will say I have noticed a little noise every now and then from them, but have not tried to spray them as other members have suggested.

Here is a pic: Icon front collars - max, Icon rear leaf springs - lowest setting, 37 KM3s

View attachment 351238
Did you have any rubbing with the 37s?

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're wondering how long the stock springs last, my left pack cracked at around 10 years and 160k miles. This is with average to above average rust and towing over stock capacity (16ft cargo trailer) about 1500 miles with helper springs. I loaded a pallet of roofing shingles with the helper springs, and the bump stops engaged. I tried driving like 2 miles at 25mph then turned around returned that pallet.

If you push your truck, I don't see how it won't be a similar experience to what I had. They'll last at least 150k miles and 10 years. If you are in Florida and never go offroad or carry a payload I'm sure the springs will last 300k mi and 20 years.

FWIW I didn't want to get custom springs, so I went with OE replacement 3/1 leaf packs from Rock Auto. Lift is too high, so I'm going to remove the spacers and install shorter u bolts to get it closer to stock level. If it looks great maybe I'll share a writeup.
Hey @daytraitors care to elaborate on what you found there at Rock Auto? How are those OE replacement springs working compared to stock, now a year later? How much lift did they give you? Could you tell the country of origin, like China or USA?

I went on Rock Auto and could only find F150 springs, nuthin' specific to our Raptors? If you have a model number that would help too.