Rear leaf question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my overland set up i constantly i have 300lb load on the back all the time. Currently truck is sitting at 40" if i measure from ground to the fender. Per my aftermarket warranty company they will reimburse me up to OEM leaf spring cost if I decide to go with aftermarket leafs as long as it does not change the height of the truck. I am thinking about deavers or icons. Question is
1. Do i need any other parts other than the leaf springs and hardware that come with the kit?
2. With added weight on the bed all the time is it ok to go with stock height but stronger leafs from either company?
3. Pros and cons with either leafs.

Thanks all

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt have good luck with deavers. tirinas truck has icons. we will see how that does. another option is to re arch your oem springs and add a leaf or two. a lot cheaper too. however if you do want new springs, give @Rick@FMS a call. he can help you out

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i didnt have good luck with deavers. tirinas truck has icons. we will see how that does. another option is to re arch your oem springs and add a leaf or two. a lot cheaper too. however if you do want new springs, give @Rick@FMS a call. he can help you out
Can you please elaborate on your deaver experience. Everyone seems to love them but I still hesitate to pull the trigger.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't recall seeing that either (but forget a lot these days). Would be interested to know as well. I'm still loving the +2 HDs for what they are.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate on your deaver experience. Everyone seems to love them but I still hesitate to pull the trigger.
i had the +3. since i carry weight all the time in the bed. i was told these would be perfect for me. lasted 4 months and were done for. spring looked like a big ol w. had them re arched at deaver and 3 months later, same thing. i ended up buying a set from wsi (no longer a business. jimmy has a new company and doesnt do leuafs anymore) those lasted a bit longer. i finally had these re arched to add more lift and added a leaf. at last a solution........ been 4 years now and springs still look as if i just put them on there (arch wise) bit muddy, rusty and dirty, but they havent lost their arch yet. i found if you are going to get new leafs, OVER ESTIMATE what you carry instead of actual weight that you carry. i used actual numbers and they turned out to be not enough spring for me. might be a bit rougher on road, but at least you wont be removing, re arching and re installing over and over.

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed +3HD Deavers. Only have like 50 miles on them. I like them so far. If you go Deavers go +2HD and that will be stock ride height. At 40" you are already sagging like 1.5".

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feed backs. I think I am going to go with Icon option 2's. Looks like I can get these for $1100 shipped.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the part # for the bolt that you have to cut off so you don't have to take off the gas tank?

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone know the part # for the bolt that you have to cut off so you don't have to take off the gas tank?
The kit from Deaver or ICON is sold with the bolt included. I see that you can get the ICONs for $1100. Yeah cannot touch that. We need to stay in business for atleast another 10 years. ;-)