Rear facing amber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that light mounted up on the front of the bed by the cab ? Or on the bumper ?

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Self taping screws or did you drill through and put bolts on the end with lock tight?

I'm thinking of drilling through and running bolts through with a nut and locking washer on the end.

Probably overkill and over engineered, but with it out in the dirt I don't want it jiggling loose.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do, and post pics. Do you happen to have any other D2s or duallys to compare?

Just finished install yesterday of the D2 driving beam in amber and white I also have a set of D2 wide beam in white also so I have those to compare. One thing I noticed so far is the white is much brighter then the amber, The white is blinding but the amber is not.

Attachments

• SAM_6872.jpg
    SAM_6872.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Self taping screws or did you drill through and put bolts on the end with lock tight?

I'm thinking of drilling through and running bolts through with a nut and locking washer on the end.

Probably overkill and over engineered, but with it out in the dirt I don't want it jiggling loose.

I used stainless bolts and nylon nuts with lock washers so my D2 brackets wont shake loose, not a big fan of the self tapers that were included in the kit.

Attachments

• SAM_6871.jpg
    SAM_6871.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 73

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

Rivets.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Trey. Going to wire mine up this week. What gauge wire did you use for ground and (+)?

Thanks,
Matt

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Hey Wht. Were you the one at Texas blinding everyone behind you????

LOL no I'm kidding. Rich (madcow) and I got behind someone that had D2s or something that would blind the hell out of us behind him.

Whatever y'all go with, don't blind the person behind you. Get a non-directional (non-beam) light or something diffused is my humble opinion.