Rear facing amber cargo light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they have a heat sink on the back, but I cant imagine they get anywhere close to an incandescent bulbs. I haven't really left them on for more than a few minutes while putting them together, but I'll check into it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they have a heat sink on the back, but I cant imagine they get anywhere close to an incandescent bulbs. I haven't really left them on for more than a few minutes while putting them together, but I'll check into it.

Yeah - I don't have a bed rack and this just seems like the best rear facing amber solution that I've seen. Up high for visibility and totally stock look. I would want to run these full time when on Raptor runs if they don't get real hot and melt the housing......

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool mod. My concer is water intrutuion. I have replaced 2 in 5 years. I am not willing to caulk since that is messy and servicing becomes difficult.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool mod. My concer is water intrutuion. I have replaced 2 in 5 years. I am not willing to caulk since that is messy and servicing becomes difficult.

I would recommend a silicon grease such as SuperLube. I used it on the 3rd brakes gasket, after hearing about this problem. I've applied it twice in 5 years and have never had any issues with water intrusion. I also use it on all of my electrical connections as it is a dielectric grease.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called Feniex's tech line yesterday to ask some questions about heat and lifespan. waiting for a call back

The gasket on the lamp was smashed pretty bad.. I cleaned all the dirt and crud from where it mounts on the cab before putting it back on, but I havent been in much rain. I'll go back and seal it up with butyl tape.