GEN 1 Rear end bounce feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWALKER77

Reaction score
I have a 2010 raptor only owner that's pushing 70,000 miles and recently it feels that if the rearend is bouncing a lot. I've read up on forums but no1 has a answer to y. I'm just wondering if any1 else has this and what u did to correct the feeling

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have the shocks ever been rebuilt? 99% chance they're done for and need a rebuild.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have you crawled under there and looked around as well? lots can be learned from a simple visual inspection.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leaf springs could also be sacked. I had the original leafs and blown shocks on my 2010 and the rear was wild.

A shock rebuild will do wonders. Pair that with newer springs and you'll be good for another 70k miles.

OP
OP
D

DWALKER77

Reaction score
I've never had shocks rebuilt, kinda sucks if that's what it is cause it's never been off road r abused. I've looked under truck and there a piece that's probably foot long and 2' thick that is located on drivers side right above rear spring and it's real loose. I mounted my go pro under truck and drove down the road and this thing is moving in all directions but I'm not sure what it is and if it's supposed to act like this

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That part on the frame rail under the bed is a vibration dampener.

With respect to the bounce, I agree with those above. Your shocks need a rebuild.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had shocks rebuilt, kinda sucks if that's what it is cause it's never been off road r abused. I've looked under truck and there a piece that's probably foot long and 2' thick that is located on drivers side right above rear spring and it's real loose. I mounted my go pro under truck and drove down the road and this thing is moving in all directions but I'm not sure what it is and if it's supposed to act like this
Having 70,000 miles on any shock is time for a change. These shocks are performance oriented and Fox recommends a full rebuild after something like 30,000 if only driven on road. It's way less for people that go off road. You can Google it. 70,000 is pretty good for just now noticing it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

roudzz111

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I have a quick question about the rear bouncing suspension.
I did the rebuild of the fox shocks a week ago and i still have a slight bounce (it's 80% better) in the rear of the truck is it normal or should i check it again.

Ps: i bought the truck in need of a rebuild for the shocks and its my first.