Rear End Binding Up When Slowing Down or Taking Off Slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday and the problem is completely resolved after Ford lubed the slip yoke.

Anyone out there that hasn't done this yet - I highly recommend taking your truck in to have it done asap. Even if your truck isn't "mis-behaving" - this is a known warranty issue and done without cost.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP here and wanted to come back and comment so this goes full circle.

I fixed this myself a couple of months ago.

Believe it or not, the fix for my truck was draining the transfer case of the factory fill and replacing with Royal Purple Synchromax.

I mentioned in this thread in an earlier reply about wanting to use Mobil 1 but I did some research and read that Synchromax fixed someone else's problem with this issue and it also fixed my truck.

Bonus I use the same fluid in my TR-6060 in my 2010 GT500.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
OP here and wanted to come back and comment so this goes full circle.

I fixed this myself a couple of months ago.

Believe it or not, the fix for my truck was draining the transfer case of the factory fill and replacing with Royal Purple Synchromax.

I mentioned in this thread in an earlier reply about wanting to use Mobil 1 but I did some research and read that Synchromax fixed someone else's problem with this issue and it also fixed my truck.

Bonus I use the same fluid in my TR-6060 in my 2010 GT500.

where the **** have you been

Reaction score
Ford has issued a Customer Satisfaction Program (Program Number 11B25) for certain vehicles that were manufactured in Dearborn during a select period of time. The problem identified by Ford is that a portion of the drive shaft was not nickle plated. Contact Ford to determine if your vehicle is eligible for the 11B25 Program. I brought my truck into the dealer and they insepcted and then replaced my drive shaft. The clunck/ noise/bump I experienced when I accelerated from a stopped position and the same noise when I decelerated is now gone. It's fixed. Check it out.

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has issued a Customer Satisfaction Program (Program Number 11B25) for certain vehicles that were manufactured in Dearborn during a select period of time. The problem identified by Ford is that a portion of the drive shaft was not nickle plated. Contact Ford to determine if your vehicle is eligible for the 11B25 Program. I brought my truck into the dealer and they insepcted and then replaced my drive shaft. The clunck/ noise/bump I experienced when I accelerated from a stopped position and the same noise when I decelerated is now gone. It's fixed. Check it out.

Do you have a rough guess as to when you truck was built? Guessing it would be an indicator for the rest of us...

Reaction score
My Raptor is a 2011 model year and it was delivered to me in January of this year. I hope this information is helpful to you. The letter sent to me by FORD indicates that you may call the following phone numbers in connection with the 11B25 Program: 1-866-436-7332. Good luck. BGH