Rear drivers side door ajar indication is on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Creswell

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and yesterday my "left rear door" indication is on. I understand the sensor my be bad, but where is it and how do I get to it? I see I can buy them at my local auto parts store, but I can't find any information as to where the switch is located. Any information would be appreciated....thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Dan Creswell

Dan Creswell

Reaction score
Thanks, I watched that video first before I did anything. I checked my wiring harness, it is different than that one in the video, and nothing is wrong with it. I did expect it to be, I had already had everything on the work bench I would need to repair the broken wires, but....they are good. So reading another forum, with the 2018 specific, they mentioned the switch is bad....I just don't know where the switch is. Thanks again for the reply.
Dan

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the ribbing then. Have you tried doing a parts search on Rock Auto or the Ford site? If you can find it, there is usually a diagram as to where it is.

OP
OP
Dan Creswell

Dan Creswell

Reaction score
No issues...I appreciate the ribbing. I did actually laugh when I saw it...I'll check Rock Auto and such. Again, thanks...

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger front door started giving this signal today. Door was securely shut.
Issue went away by end of the day and a dozen key cycles.
I'm chalking up to the same gremlins that effect synch once in a while.