Rear Drive Door does not open with lock button on door or remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As of now I've had this issue with the rear driver's side door and the front passenger door. Replaced both actuators myself and problem has not come back.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, wiring between the door itself and the the truck was severed. No clue how this happens or why it does suddenly but is very common in these trucks. I had to splice the wire back( I believe it was purple) and all was fixed.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, wiring between the door itself and the the truck was severed. No clue how this happens or why it does suddenly but is very common in these trucks. I had to splice the wire back( I believe it was purple) and all was fixed.
This has happened to my speaker wire, but I can easily see the door wire doing the same thing (same spot). It's simple wear from opening and closing cause the wire to bend and break over time.