Rear Drive Door does not open with lock button on door or remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
Lately my read driver passenger door has stopped locking and unlocking with the unlock button of the driver console and the key button. I can unlock/lock the door with the button (pulling up or pushing down) It is just with the remote or door button. It was doing it interminantely and thought it was my key needing batteries but now it is not opening or locking at all. Anyone know where to start, I am thinking Door lock actuator?

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the actuator and the different rods that actuate everything in the door itself. Sometimes age gunk and grime just make everything hard to move for the actuator. Also there is adjustment built in to all of it so make sure it likes to move freely. If not there then you just chase wires from back to front until you find the issue. Good Luck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check the wiring harness in the door jam of the door, there have been known issues of the wiring getting pinched and cutting through the wires. Open up the cover on the harness and inspect the wires before getting inside the door itself, if nothing then do as @W0n70n mentioned.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to replace all of my door actuators just recently. They were all original and 95k miles. Once the drivers door had issues they all started to.

OP
OP
K

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
Well I was about to start checking but I will ask the dealer since you all have received a ford letter. I will also go check my mail, its been about 3 months. All we get is junk mail, anything that we dont care about. But this I care for. lol

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just received a letter from Ford stating that these door lock systems are covered for ten years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first. You might want to see your dealer.
Is there any identifying information on that letter? I've been having these issues on all doors other than the driver's side front door. It's seemingly random and inconsistent, but it would be sweet to get it covered. I haven't received a letter. I'll have had my truck 10 years at the beginning of next year.

Scottakacrash

Reaction score
My 2020 had the same issue. After waiting a month for the part, I just had the front passenger side actuator replaced at the dealer. The Ford part #6L2Z*78218A42*B Actuator Asy.