GEN 1 Rear Differential Whine on 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GHOLDS7

Reaction score
Man, same thing just happened with mine. I'm taking it in hopefully this week or next depending on when i get my fresh tires. At first I couldn't hear anything and didn't know what my buddy was talking about hearing. Then a few weeks later during an angry 90mph commute I could actually hear that it was most definitely not the tires. I'd say it probably started around 111k miles.

OP
OP
Xlr8tin

Xlr8tin

Reaction score
Man, same thing just happened with mine. I'm taking it in hopefully this week or next depending on when i get my fresh tires. At first I couldn't hear anything and didn't know what my buddy was talking about hearing. Then a few weeks later during an angry 90mph commute I could actually hear that it was most definitely not the tires. I'd say it probably started around 111k miles.
Expect it to get louder over time. I'm still driving it like as I normally would. I don't know how to drive a supercharged anything like a responsible adult. Corvettes around me are seeing just how fast this thing is. So many vettes around here it's insane. I haven't been up against a new one...I know my limits.

I still have to wait until the 11th for the shop to even have a spot for me. So that's a little over a week. Seems to me the economy is doing fantastic here in Texas.

GHOLDS7

Reaction score
Expect it to get louder over time. I'm still driving it like as I normally would. I don't know how to drive a supercharged anything like a responsible adult. Corvettes around me are seeing just how fast this thing is. So many vettes around here it's insane. I haven't been up against a new one...I know my limits.

I still have to wait until the 11th for the shop to even have a spot for me. So that's a little over a week. Seems to me the economy is doing fantastic here in Texas.
Shoot i cant even behave with N/A. I couldn't imagine the trouble id get in with a SC lol. I play with some cars around here in houston but i draw the line at anything quicker than a stang. But man, you wouldnt believe the amount of Dodge Hemi 1500's that try me. And diesels it never fails

OP
OP
Xlr8tin

Xlr8tin

Reaction score
Shoot i cant even behave with N/A. I couldn't imagine the trouble id get in with a SC lol. I play with some cars around here in houston but i draw the line at anything quicker than a stang. But man, you wouldnt believe the amount of Dodge Hemi 1500's that try me. And diesels it never fails
Well I honestly had no clue about the capabilities when I decided to play with the first vette. I'm pretty sure we were both surprised. He was probably pissed and surprised at the same time though..lmao. Stang seem pretty easy. I haven't come across a dodge of any kind that wanted to race. I think they think they are too cool to race a sleeper Raptor. I raced a GTI the other day and he was surprised and scared at the same time because he thought I would be easy. He wasn't stock.

I really don't go looking for races. I just like to drive this thing fast, and people like to challenge, but not in a respectful way. If that make sense. They all think they are better and want to be in front. DFW is awful for that. Not sure about Houston. Might be the same?

GHOLDS7

Reaction score
Well I honestly had no clue about the capabilities when I decided to play with the first vette. I'm pretty sure we were both surprised. He was probably pissed and surprised at the same time though..lmao. Stang seem pretty easy. I haven't come across a dodge of any kind that wanted to race. I think they think they are too cool to race a sleeper Raptor. I raced a GTI the other day and he was surprised and scared at the same time because he thought I would be easy. He wasn't stock.

I really don't go looking for races. I just like to drive this thing fast, and people like to challenge, but not in a respectful way. If that make sense. They all think they are better and want to be in front. DFW is awful for that. Not sure about Houston. Might be the same?
Haha for sure the same. I'll be cruising minding my own business and somebody will be trying to cut me off or get me to race them. Red lights people will just take off for no reason thinking I want to race them. Nobody moves out of my way when im coming up in the left lane. Bro i could write a book lmao

OP
OP
Xlr8tin

Xlr8tin

Reaction score
Haha for sure the same. I'll be cruising minding my own business and somebody will be trying to cut me off or get me to race them. Red lights people will just take off for no reason thinking I want to race them. Nobody moves out of my way when im coming up in the left lane. Bro i could write a book lmao
Yea, Texas is crazy that way, but I also think it is the people/generation that are driving nowadays that are crazy.

Raptorlander

Reaction score
Yea, Texas is crazy that way, but I also think it is the people/generation that are driving nowadays that are crazy.
I'm in FW too. Where are you getting your work done? I'm getting rid of this POS shit lift I bought the truck with and need to have a new diff casing swapped. I also hear a whine but not too worried about it just yet.