Rear Diff Fluid...need help as soon as possible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my rear diff cover from factory to dana spicer which has two fill holes.

I put three quarts of amsoil rear diff oil and still don't have it dripping out of the lower fill hole.

Is is ok to top off the rear diff with another diff oil with the same weight?

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one local to you has amsoil I assume? Reason I ask is because I was bout to order some then walked into an A&A auto and they stock all amsoil crap

OP
OP
roscopeeco78

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in 3 quarts....Do you think I will be fine until I get another quart from amsoil?

2013 raptor.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not an expert...just did mine a few weeks ago, stock cover is 3 quarts....mine is also a 13. I'd say you could add same wt different manufacturer like RP or valvoline lucas etc

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won’t hurt to use something else, like a Mobil 1. It’s all compatible even with non syn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. You should be good with something like Mobile 1. I just installed and topped off the other day. Takes 3 and about 2/3 qts for it to run out the fill hole.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my cover a month ago, filled w/ 3 quarts.
Didn’t spill out hole.
Truck runs like a champ.
2014 Gen 1 SCAB

View attachment 144208

Doing exact same thing on my 2014 Gen1 SCAB....and was told 5 qts...do you fill to the top hole or bottom hole...?
I purchased the Lube-Locker Gasket,and as soon as the cover isnt on backorder from everyone I might get to do mine...going to use what most on here recommend...Amsoil Severe Gear...

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used bottom hole, top is for lifted where there would be a bigger driveshaft angle. I can say no way 5 qts came out with old cover. Although the new dif cover is larger.only increased capacity slightly. I do watch my temps, which are usually on the cool side, and a careful eye on how the truck runs, which is great.