Rear Diff Cover Loose Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got another oem ford gasket, reused the stock bolts torque'd to oem spec and have been good since. Didnt put any locktite on mine, since when i pulled mine out i didnt see any residue on them, but was debating blue locktite.
Is the OEM gasket the same as the paper one that came with the Performance one when I bought it?
A bit tough finding a lube-locker here in town.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the OEM gasket the same as the paper one that came with the Performance one when I bought it?
A bit tough finding a lube-locker here in town.
1660919224658.png
No, actually had a lube locker purchased to throw on with the fp cover, but was impressed when i saw this on instead, so i got a replacement one from the local ford near me and threw that on instead. Nice little rubber gasket/oring on the inside.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Interesting topic, I noticed my is seeping oil . I had the dealership install mine (FP Cover). When you guys upgraded the bolts to Grade 8, same size as oem? Or same size that comes with FP cover? I may have to redo mine as well. I need to get under there and see if they've come lose.

or2baja

Reaction score
I run the spicer nodular on a couple different rigs. I chase the threads, spray brake clean and then blow it out with air. I run ARP on the raptor and have had 0 issues but have had issues with the factory provided bolts in the past.