Rear defroster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the remote start menu? Thanks!

Also for entertainment purposes I called ford about this today and they totally blew me off.

Last edited:

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the remote start menu? Thanks!

Also for entertainment purposes I called ford about this today and they totally blew me off.

It's on the gauge cluster screen, not the sync screen.

It's in settings > vehicle if I'm not mistaken.

yarom

Reaction score
happend to my 14, had to replace the window seems like a common problem on the f150 my dealer has done quit afew. i dont know the cost is was covered under warranty.

Correct statement, Seems to be a common issues on F-150s. Had mine replaced under warranty. Dealer said there was no other way fixing it.

Shatters only when remote starting in sub zero temperatures.

Bigbuck1

Reaction score
Rear window defroster quit working

I have a 2014 Ford Raptor and I'm having problems with the rear window defroster and side mirrors defrosting switch on dash does not come on checked all fuses and relays all good any help out there

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky that this happened. Look into the “shattered rear windows” that were caused by the defroster. The best thing anyone can do is stop using that feature. Get rid of it in the remote start menu and also never use it. Ford has not come out with a new part number that fixes this.

tinman44

Reaction score
Listen I know this sounds stupid but I had the same thing happen...turned out rear window was slightly open. I'm sure you're not as dumb as me but shit I guess it would be cheaper just to make sure its closed all the way.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me as well. 2013 SCrew. I just installed an audio system including amp and sub. No other wires were touched and only new ones added. Now all of a sudden I have no rear defrost light on the dash button. All fuses are good. Window bttom connections look solid. Opening and closing the rear sliding window doesn't affect it. I had heard there were contacts on the rear sliding window to check/clean but I didn't see any this morning. Any got any information or pictures?

Has anyone solved this? I heard the fix is replacing the entire back glass. :supergay: