Rear DashCam Power Source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm mounting a rear-facing dashcam to my 2019 802A truck and need a switched power source. I see a pair of plugs on the amp behind the seat on the driver's side, top is a 6-wire plug and below it is a ~12 wire plug. Those are in a perfect location for the camera, before I check all the pins, does anyone know which wire on which plug(s) is a switched source on only when in acc or run mode? thanks

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consensus online, cameras are usually on Fuse 36 for switched power and fuse 34 for always on battery power, of course other switches work as well but most prefer 34 &36 for the location and size. It's the rear camera a stand alone not connected to a front camera? If that's it you can always install fuse box behind the rear seat or use the front passanger fuse box and guide the wire through the pillar/headliner all the way in the back.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, the new rear Garmin camera will remotely link with the front Garmin but will be separately powered. Why would I run a line from the front fuse block all the way to the rear then diagonally across the truck when there are 2 connectors on the amp directly below where the camera will mount? The camera draws hardly any amperage, and I'll still need a seperate transformer/fuse wiring assembly between the tapped power source and camera for the rear to drop the trucks 12V down to the 5v the cameras use in either case. I suspect the amp is probably on its own ~15 amp circuit and the addition tiny draw from the camera shouldn't negatively impact that circuit (I think) thank you

Last edited:

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consensus online, cameras are usually on Fuse 36 for switched power and fuse 34 for always on battery power, of course other switches work as well but most prefer 34 &36 for the location and size. It's the rear camera a stand alone not connected to a front camera? If that's it you can always install fuse box behind the rear seat or use the front passanger fuse box and guide the wire through the pillar/headliner all the way in the back.
Do you happen to know if 36 is off when ignition off, or is it on the ACC delay of 10 mins or whatever it is?