GEN 2 Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think that their bumper with swing away tire mounts for the standard F150 will fit as long as you change you exhaust pipes to something like this:

Yessir! Whether I go with bed rack, hitch-mount or bumper carrier, I will absolutely order this KHC kit. They've been a huge help with my adventures upgrading so far. Plus they're on the East Coast (fast shipping for me)!

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is anyone close game to making the drive there to see if that bumper will actually fit the Raptor without major modifications? I’d love to buy it, but shipping and the risk of it not fitting is too great at this point.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, Im the "other person". They sent me the same response but explained that the exhaust hangers and the "limited mobility" of the swing arms would be the issues with Raptor application:
1664992229048.png
Heres the link shown in the email: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lk5z0TigyokR_mTnpOyGnevqZRmPLheyGEZo4zDVCKA/edit
Ive asked for an estimated cost per unit in my latest email and let them know that the exhaust mod is not a deal breaker.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, Im the "other person". They sent me the same response but explained that the exhaust hangers and the "limited mobility" of the swing arms would be the issues with Raptor application:
View attachment 374408
Heres the link shown in the email: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lk5z0TigyokR_mTnpOyGnevqZRmPLheyGEZo4zDVCKA/edit
Ive asked for an estimated cost per unit in my latest email and let them know that the exhaust mod is not a deal breaker.
I told them the same thing. I asked them for the required dollar amount per person and for the time commitment for needing the truck for measurements and fitting. They are supposed to get back to me today with those details.

We need to make sure we have 15 people committed and someone willing to use their truck for the measurements and fitment.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much interest is there in a swing away tire carrier bumper? I am starting a new overland company that is planning to resell equipment but I wouldn't be opposed to designing a bumper for the raptor and figuring out a manufacturing process.

I'm not an engineer but I do have design aesthetics with regards to what looks good and could work. I had a SAC bumper on my 4runner way back when and a good hinge system is highly needed for something like this for sake of ease to move arm out of the way. I'd prefer single arm system vs a dual swing out.

Being able to handle a 39-40" tire would be great but not sure if necessary as the guys that do run 40s tend to use chase racks inside the bed. So maybe just 37" and below compatible or at least 38 and below.