GEN 2 Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I built a swing out dual spare tire carrier but it replaced the bed. one thing i found and would apply to any bumper mount swing out, is the amount of weight on that pivot point. so just thinking if i where to build one that kept the tailgate that i would consider one that folds down vs out. but your right would have to see the design. im trying to think through how to do a semi-universal bolt on one, that way you could use a variety of bumpers...

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested. But will truly depend on pricing, aesthetics compared to Wilco’s hitch mount, sensor functionality, camera functionality, removability, etc.

You say you worry about hitch mount but I don’t get why...the hitch is designed to take 500 lb tongue weight towing 8,000 lbs. The bumper is designed to hold the weight of somebody stepping on it.

Last edited:

Guapo

Reaction score
I'd be interested as well. My wish list is the same as others. Thanks for heading this up.

Oh...and I don't live near Utah...sorry.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I’m interested, 6 hrs from SLC
I have looked forever to find this. The Old Broncos use to have this set up.
The problem the the hitch mounted is the break-over angle. I can’t off-road with a hitch installed in the receiver, it hits/drags on everything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free