GEN 2 Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty nice, but I feel that a bumper mount vs. a hitch mount is going to be a little more solid for off-road. Plus, with the Wilco mount the profile of the truck increases more in length—the spare is further away from the tailgate. Not to mention that the rear proximity sensors will be non-functional while it is installed.

Are you running a bed cover? If not you could do one of the tailgate replacements. https://wilcooffroad.com/shop/tiregate-vertical-mount/

No matter what you do, I would assume you're going to lose the backup cam. I like the hitch ones as I plan on only running the spare on trips and leaving it off most of the rest of the time.

William Yates

Reaction score
I also have an interest. I have a 2018 Raptor. I am putting a hidden winch in the back for solo recovery. I have put the tire in the bed but I have a cover and use it to somewhat secure items, and need the space for normal use. I want to put the tire behind the tailgate on a swing out bar but also want the camera to work. May have to relocate it. I like this dual swing. I am interested.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have been in contact with Expedition One, but I will talk to them to gage their interest in the project.

Is anyone that is interested located near Salt Lake, UT? Thanks hey will need to have access to a truck for the fab and fitting of the bumper.

Does anyone
I also have an interest. I have a 2018 Raptor. I am putting a hidden winch in the back for solo recovery. I have put the tire in the bed but I have a cover and use it to somewhat secure items, and need the space for normal use. I want to put the tire behind the tailgate on a swing out bar but also want the camera to work. May have to relocate it. I like this dual swing. I am interested.

london blues

Reaction score
+1 on the interest with a custom expedition one! my goals: preserve tailgate, preserve tow capability, preserve rear camera, be able to swing it out.
i run a decked bed system and have a leitner rack, so i need to keep those functionalities too.
thanks!!

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I re-engaged Expedition One. The first that they would be able to work on this would be summer of 2021. I will keep contacting them. Does anyone interested live in the Utah area? They will need access to a truck to make the prototype.