GEN 2 Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested…. I would like a dual arm system like the one from Expedition One. I have 37”s. Would need to make sure it would swing nicely and be able to lock in both the extended and folded away positions.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me in, and with some custom touches like integrated OEM camera and puddle light, onboard air coupling, Anderson PowerPole connection, hitch receiver and maybe fairlead. Like @RexDad Id like lockable dual swing with clearance for 37"s. Im a huge fan of KHC's and SVC's bumper designs; clean, simple, angular but blend with the bodylines of a Raptor.

@DAVfoto good to see your on Eastcoast too :headbang:

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d also need the factory sensors to be able to be integrated. An option for a hidden rear winch to pass thru via the license plate area would be bonus.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet, will start designing one as soon as I can. Yea, I would definitely want rear sensors integrated. Rear winch may not fit, I would just reinforce the hitch mount in the bumper for a winch tray attachment.

Biggest thing that needs to be done is for the tire carrier to be easily swung out, minimal grease application and for it to latch without rattling during rough road driving.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet, will start designing one as soon as I can. Yea, I would definitely want rear sensors integrated. Rear winch may not fit, I would just reinforce the hitch mount in the bumper for a winch tray attachment.

Biggest thing that needs to be done is for the tire carrier to be easily swung out, minimal grease application and for it to latch without rattling during rough road driving.

I know there are other bumpers that just have a pass through for the rear winch. There are other winch mounts on the market that can fit where the spare went.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@DAVfoto. How are things going with this? Have you had a chance to start designing this bumper?

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance, been busy as hell with certificates and business formation. I have a rough drawing on paper so far. For design purposes I tried to keep it similar to frame cut rears where it's up tight and keeps a good departure angle but still has the beef for the swing out hinge.