GEN 2 Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37” tires on my truck and have been looking for a bumper mounted swing away spare tire carrier. There isn’t much out there for the Gen2s and much that is doesn’t look like something you would want to put on your Raptor. The hitch mounted options are ok, but they have their issues. I have found a company (Expedition One: https://expeditiononestore.com/) that makes this for other truck models, but they don’t have a solution currently for the Gen 2. In talking to them, they would build it if we could put together a group order. See pics of their bumper for the Ford Ranger and Toyota Tacoma

They also have options for these bumpers to be rear winch compatible, integrated lights, and provisions for rear proximity sensors.
upload_2020-3-6_9-9-39.jpeg
upload_2020-3-6_9-9-54.jpeg
upload_2020-3-6_9-10-7.jpeg
upload_2020-3-6_9-10-22.jpeg

Last edited:

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave from Krazy House Customs is building a dual tire rear swing away rack. Unfortunately its going to replace your tailgate, but may be what your looking for. He posted it on his Instagram site awhile back

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave from Krazy House Customs is building a dual tire rear swing away rack. Unfortunately its going to replace your tailgate, but may be what your looking for. He posted it on his Instagram site awhile back

I’ll take a look, but I am not wanting to replace my tailgate. I have a Retrax Pro XR cover that I want to keep.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I like the idea! I have been thinking about a mod like this also, didn't want to lose the space in the bed and racks...What about the rear camera? hate to lose that ability also though?

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea! I have been thinking about a mod like this also, didn't want to lose the space in the bed and racks...What about the rear camera? hate to lose that ability also though?
I think there are several options to relocate the camera. I also want to retain it. My idea is to address the other items first and then figure out the camera integration.

OP
OP
R

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go:

https://wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-max/

Nice thing about this is it hooks to your tow hitch and be removed when not in use. Also, it still allows towing.
Those are pretty nice, but I feel that a bumper mount vs. a hitch mount is going to be a little more solid for off-road. Plus, with the Wilco mount the profile of the truck increases more in length—the spare is further away from the tailgate. Not to mention that the rear proximity sensors will be non-functional while it is installed.