Rear bumper touch up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy folks, recently purchased a 2019 and noticed the bumper looks a bit rusted. Any recommendations on what to use to clean it up at bit? I’d greatly appreciate any insights. Pic included. Thanks!

Attachments

• 26ABA0CF-4FFD-4265-B067-F60A69E40001.jpeg
    26ABA0CF-4FFD-4265-B067-F60A69E40001.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 18

MrLiou168

Reaction score
A lot of elbow grease, feathering, and some touch up paint from your friendly neighborhood parts dept. Keep in mind that this sort of corrosion has likely spread much further than you can see, so keep on sanding off paint until the corrosion is all gone before you go touching it up!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had really good results using SEM paints. Pro quality, and good spray pattern from the can. They make several different colors, so you can match the factory color, or go custom. Here's a link to get you started. Good luck.

BTW, if the outside is rusting that bad, I'll bet the inside of that bumper is worse. I'd remove the bumper, strip the plastics and paint the whole bumper. It'll look brand new again.