Rear Bumper Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I purchased my '18 with very similar damage to yours but the didn't notice it 'till I washed it the first time. The panel gaps with the bumper and rear quarters were uneven and going to drive me nuts if I left it. I tried my luck and bought a take-off from eBay for $94 so I could avoid painting a new one. It didn't include the inner bracket so I had to transfer that from the bumper end I was taking off. Your inner structure will also very likely be bent out of shape and require some adjustments. Between a pry bar and a few washers (used as shims where I couldn't get the bracket quite where I wanted it) I was able to sidget damagede match the other, good side. Also, be careful removing the plastic bumper cover. It was a pain to get a few of the clips to release with the bumper being misaligned. I think I lost two in the removal process but, fortunately, it all went back together no worse for wear. Good luck!

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the bumper didn’t get pushed forward and damage the bedside? Sometimes the only way to be sure is to remove the bumper. If it did damage the bedside sheet metal it may be worth it to make an insurance claim, whether you fix it or not it would.

Reaction score
Some jacka$$ hit the rear right portion of my rear bumper. It bent the brackets and also pushed my bumper in around the park assist sensor and now my bumper is touching the rear right quater panel. Ford quoted around $540 for near metal pieces but only sell the set. Bumpers were never on my list of upgrades so looking for the most cost effective way of fixing this without dumping more then a couple hundred into it.

Does anyone have a 2017 OEM rear bumper laying around and or does anyone have a connection somewhere that could throw me a bone. I dont feel like the bumper itself as a whole needs to be replaced but just cant stand to see it like it is for too long.
I’ve got front and rear bumpers off a 2018 raptor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i've got a stock 18 bumper that im about to recycle. It has holes cut in it for flush mount s2s.

I'd keeping the hitch off of it though.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
OP, just FYI, the metal that may be bent that the bumper bolts to is basically tin and can easily be hammered or mechanically bent back into shape, just get it to match the other side. Well, except for the thicker parts that are welded to the receiver tube toward the outer part. Even that I bet you could hit it with a torch or beat it back into shape.

On mine, the only really bent part was the thin metal that goes under the plastic middle step, in front of the license plate and the driver side metal bumper part. I bent the part under the step back into reasonable shape, got everything back together and it looks good as new once the plastic cover is installed. Goal was to prevent anything going on Carfax. Probably took 1.5 hours, total.

IMG_4593.JPG IMG_4594.JPG