Rear Bumper Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some jacka$$ hit the rear right portion of my rear bumper. It bent the brackets and also pushed my bumper in around the park assist sensor and now my bumper is touching the rear right quater panel. Ford quoted around $540 for near metal pieces but only sell the set. Bumpers were never on my list of upgrades so looking for the most cost effective way of fixing this without dumping more then a couple hundred into it.

Does anyone have a 2017 OEM rear bumper laying around and or does anyone have a connection somewhere that could throw me a bone. I dont feel like the bumper itself as a whole needs to be replaced but just cant stand to see it like it is for too long.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some jacka$$ hit the rear right portion of my rear bumper. It bent the brackets and also pushed my bumper in around the park assist sensor and now my bumper is touching the rear right quater panel. Ford quoted around $540 for near metal pieces but only sell the set. Bumpers were never on my list of upgrades so looking for the most cost effective way of fixing this without dumping more then a couple hundred into it.

Does anyone have a 2017 OEM rear bumper laying around and or does anyone have a connection somewhere that could throw me a bone. I dont feel like the bumper itself as a whole needs to be replaced but just cant stand to see it like it is for too long.

Got a pick of the damage? I have a similar situation on the driver's side rear bumper. The damage for me isn't really visible and everything functions as it should, including the sensor. It bothered me for a while, but I got over it.

Anyway, take a look at the parts available from Tasca.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...gine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-rear-scat

Doesn't look like you need to buy a full set.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem, got rear ended and damaged the top plastic cover and left side bumper part. I am still wrangling with the other guy's insurance company. Unfortunately, the hit also bent the metal piece on the hitch that goes under the plastic part (pretty sure I can straighten it). Quotes were $2000 and $1700. Nothing touched the sheet metal, luckily.

Body guy also said the the metal parts come in pairs and will need to be painted. FYI.

I found used bumper sides and plastic top on CL for $200. If/when I get things settled out, I can send you the driver side piece. It all looks very simple to replace.

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GCATX I would need the passenger side metal piece. After further research the metal pieces do like they are 2 separate pieces. My body shop quoted me over $1300 to fix. I'm still on the fence if I wanna do a claim because I feel like a new park assist sensor and metal bumper piece (passenger side) and my issues will be fixed, I'm still weighing my options because if I go insurance route now it's a documented issue where as if I diy it then I'm only out 300 bucks CD my deductible and no issues affecting value for something purely cosmetic.

Decisions decisions........

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
@GCATX I would need the passenger side metal piece. After further research the metal pieces do like they are 2 separate pieces. My body shop quoted me over $1300 to fix. I'm still on the fence if I wanna do a claim because I feel like a new park assist sensor and metal bumper piece (passenger side) and my issues will be fixed, I'm still weighing my options because if I go insurance route now it's a documented issue where as if I diy it then I'm only out 300 bucks CD my deductible and no issues affecting value for something purely cosmetic.

Decisions decisions........

I am trying to keep mine out of the shop too. I don't want any bad carfax press. Body guy said it's up to the repair shop if they want to record it.

Is the back-up sensor not working anymore?

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was, but is now intermittently going in an out where there is a known object in the path. So at roughly $40 a sensor I will more than likely just replace it while I'm under there

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the rear bumper from my 2018 and don’t need it. Shipping will suck but if you come through CO $100 takes it.