Rear Brake Caliper Pin Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried looking at the diagram also .. and the 2 pins look the same.

BTW ..I purchased these when doing my R1 rotors which I purchased from you >> https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...meT0yMDEzJnQ9c3Z0LXJhcHRvciZlPTYtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

I see instructions with the above kit. I have to go home and see if I still have the instructions.

I am working on confirming this with a diagram, but the issue that I am running into is that when you look at a Ford catalog diagram only shows the pins and actually shows the exact same part number for both pins.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked at my truck and I have the pin with the plastic sleeve on the bottom.

I recently purchased my wife a 2018 Lariat and I checked her rear brakes and could not tell as the head of the bolt was not marked. I have to rotate her tires soon and I will pull the pins and see what is where.

OP
OP
siooss

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried looking at the diagram also .. and the 2 pins look the same.

BTW ..I purchased these when doing my R1 rotors which I purchased from you >> https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...meT0yMDEzJnQ9c3Z0LXJhcHRvciZlPTYtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

I see instructions with the above kit. I have to go home and see if I still have the instructions.

Thank you both very much for the time and efforts in trying to find the answer. Agree finding a new truck is probably best bet. If you can't find those instructions @Raptor911, I think I will just buy that kit just to get the instructions, haha. I can read part of the instructions from the image, but can't see the diagram to see how they orient the caliper bracket/hanger, oh well, it's the little things in life that drive you absolutely nuts!

OP
OP
siooss

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like pin with rubber bushing goes on bottom

Here is what the instructions from TASCA parts says for a 2012.
Based on how I interpret the figures, the guide pins with rubber bushing go on the bottom.

IMG_0312.jpg