Rear block removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey I'm removing my rear block today but keeping stock leafs. Will I need new shorter u bolts? Can I cut the stock ones to make them work ?

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already read that thread. No shims needs. Not in optimal ride zone. Stiffer ride. More planted feel. What else am I missing.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

You don't "need" aftermarket leafs. It's just recommend for a much better performing rise. Correct ?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the aftermarket leafs would make up for the loss of the rear block, atleast the way i interpeted it.

GabAlmighty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need different ubolts if the threads on the stockers don't go "up" far enough on them. You'll find out pretty quick if you need new ones.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya I understand that but if you are not willing to invest $1200 in springs yet gain the look of a lower rear end you can remove the rear block and sacrifice some performance and minor amounts of travel.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I was wondering if anyone had experience and already knew whether ill need new u bolts or not

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't read that other thread,
but if just remove the blocks with out changing to upgraded springs, the shocks will not be in the correct position for proper valving.
And you risk damaging the shocks as well.
Even a drop shackle on stock springs is not a good idea.
At least this is what RPG told me, two years back.

If your looking for better rear handling, I installed the Hellwig rear sway bar,
it truly makes a world of difference!!! And I'm on the softest setting.

Last edited: