Rear back-up camera advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is just over 2 years old and Ive been having rear camera problems for over 1.5 years!! Anyone else had this issue? Ford cannot seem to fix the problem - its been back to my local Ford dealer 4 times and they cannot fix it (camera works say 75% of the time)! I complained to senior Ford rep., but they did nothing. Any advice? I live in Cali.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you getting an message on the Nav system saying something like it, can't connect? I was having that issue quit a bit last winter, but when I took it to the stealership, it worked just fine. It's only happen one time this past Summer.

Someone on here a while back had an issue with the driver seat making pin holes in the wiring harnest which was causing their issue. I know I had my driver seat set all the way back & down. I adjusted my driver seat a hair up and set it in my memory position, so I'm thinking that might have been issue with my camera not working all of the time as well. Just a thought!

Shwiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a 2010 and occasionally at night, my camera goes all "purple lighting" on me. Does anyone else get this? And also know what may be causing it do be purple on screen?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive a 2010 and occasionally at night, my camera goes all "purple lighting" on me. Does anyone else get this? And also know what may be causing it do be purple on screen?

This happened to me over the weekend. Seems to be fine now. 2011 scab NAV with LockPick and front camera.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera could have a bad connection, or the module for the camera, check the connections, I have a 2011, lock-pic, aftermarket front and rear, and my problem was connections. joker and myself have the same front set up.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor is just over 2 years old and Ive been having rear camera problems for over 1.5 years!! Anyone else had this issue? Ford cannot seem to fix the problem - its been back to my local Ford dealer 4 times and they cannot fix it (camera works say 75% of the time)! I complained to senior Ford rep., but they did nothing. Any advice? I live in Cali.

after 4 visits for the same thing and still not corrected, you can now go to arbitration.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting an message on the Nav system saying something like it, can't connect? I was having that issue quit a bit last winter, but when I took it to the stealership, it worked just fine. It's only happen one time this past Summer.

Someone on here a while back had an issue with the driver seat making pin holes in the wiring harnest which was causing their issue. I know I had my driver seat set all the way back & down. I adjusted my driver seat a hair up and set it in my memory position, so I'm thinking that might have been issue with my camera not working all of the time as well. Just a thought!

My camera stopped working this morning. I also adjusted the seat and it started working. Strange. I wiggled around the wires under there and it did not make any interference so something is going on where the seat is hitting one of the connectors. Just don't know which one but the camera is working for now...