Rear add-a-leafs installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how this setup rides and if it makes the rear end alittle tighter. I was all set to put on a set of Deavers but I'm hesitant as I don't want any squeaking issues and they seem like a lot of maintenance to keep them from rusting.

Tlox

Reaction score
You running AMP power steps or simply w/o the stock ones?

it definitely makes a huge difference in appearance
Took the stock running boards off shortly after I purchased this. Loved the look, but will more than likely be looking at getting AMP power steps in the near future for the family. The Eibach’s, AAL, and the 37’s make it a little more difficult for my wife and kids to hop in.

Tlox

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how this setup rides and if it makes the rear end alittle tighter. I was all set to put on a set of Deavers but I'm hesitant as I don't want any squeaking issues and they seem like a lot of maintenance to keep them from rusting.
Ill be honest, between the 37’s and the AAL the truck feels more “planted” which I really enjoy for on road driving. With this combination, it has definitely helped with the wheel hop and axle wrap as well. I have yet to take my truck off-road, so nothing to report in that aspect. I also did the live valve reset immediately afterwards which seemed to tighten things up.

One month in and I’m happy with the results!

Tlox

Reaction score
Reason I returned my eibachs is b/c I knew this was going to be the case inevitably, I do some light towing & always have a few kids/dog in truck + misc stuff in bed & load it up on occasion too. I CANT STAND that nose high look- and I also didn’t really wanna blow $2k on rear leafs that were bound to rust to all hell & be noisy while also very likely causing warranty coverage issues in the rear axle/diff down the line

this seems like a much more reasonable/cost effective approach, curious to see how you like it over time & if you noticed any improvement in reducing wheel hop like deavers/icons do?
I was in the same situation and have been pleased with the AAL. As I mentioned in the above comment, it really has improved on road driving and has definitely helped with wheel hop and axle wrap.

OP
OP
Daniel Worm

Daniel Worm

Reaction score
Reason I returned my eibachs is b/c I knew this was going to be the case inevitably, I do some light towing & always have a few kids/dog in truck + misc stuff in bed & load it up on occasion too. I CANT STAND that nose high look- and I also didn’t really wanna blow $2k on rear leafs that were bound to rust to all hell & be noisy while also very likely causing warranty coverage issues in the rear axle/diff down the line

this seems like a much more reasonable/cost effective approach, curious to see how you like it over time & if you noticed any improvement in reducing wheel hop like deavers/icons do?
We will be taking a camping trip here in June to the Black Hills, towing a 28-ft Keystone Ultralight which weighs like 6500 lbs loaded. I will let you know how it pulls/handles with the add-a-leafs. So far, the most I've had in the bed was about 450 lbs, and it had a little squat, but rode really well.

Whaler27

Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect any reduction in wheel hop (axel wrap) unless/until the blocks are removed, as the block increases the leverage on the spring pack. I’ve never heard of anybody retaining a block and adding a leaf to reduce axel wrap, but maybe the additional leaf resists the over-flex that causes the hop?

Last edited:

SVTLuke

Reaction score
I was in the same situation and have been pleased with the AAL. As I mentioned in the above comment, it really has improved on road driving and has definitely helped with wheel hop and axle wrap.

Those were 35” Toyo MT’s. I recently jumped up to 37” BFG KM3, which are a huge improvement. View attachment 167768
Are those 17" Wheels? What offset are you running? Running board delete looks dope.

SVTLuke

Reaction score
Thanks man. They are 17” Methods with a 0 offset.
Nice! I just removed some fuel 20’s that had 37” tires and mounted factory 19 bead locks. Truck feels a little small but rides better. With your setup do you have any vibrations at highway speed? Mine has stock suspension.