Rear add-a-leafs installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Worm

Reaction score
Installed Eibachs up front back in March in my 2018, and like most others, it sat nose high and looked goofy. Rather than drop the coin on some Icons at the moment, I found a set of add-a-leafs from Peak Suspension https://www.peaksuspension.com/products/add-a-leaf-17-raptor. For $200, figured I'd give them a shot.

So this past weekend I installed them. Overall, the install is pretty straightforward and not very time consuming. It would actually have been much quicker, but the four leaf-spring centering colts were froze, and required the use of a reciprocating saw to remove them. Total install time was probably 3-4 hours.

Truck does seem a bit stiffer, but that was to be expected. The add-a-leaf lifted the rear about 2 inches, and the rear is now about 1/2" higher than the front: so it's perfect. They also add roughly 800-lbs payload capacity, which is nice.

20210403_162551.jpg

20210403_173547.jpg

20210404_093801.jpg

20210405_083936.jpg

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You running AMP power steps or simply w/o the stock ones?

it definitely makes a huge difference in appearance

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reason I returned my eibachs is b/c I knew this was going to be the case inevitably, I do some light towing & always have a few kids/dog in truck + misc stuff in bed & load it up on occasion too. I CANT STAND that nose high look- and I also didn’t really wanna blow $2k on rear leafs that were bound to rust to all hell & be noisy while also very likely causing warranty coverage issues in the rear axle/diff down the line

this seems like a much more reasonable/cost effective approach, curious to see how you like it over time & if you noticed any improvement in reducing wheel hop like deavers/icons do?