Really wierd shifting issues - anybody had this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's that exact issue as mine is only giving issues at low speed... but it has me wondering if it is that output shaft sensor that is going out - thank you

It doesn't exactly to me either but that lead frame does have both the sensor(s) and the slider switch thing for the transmission shift selector built into it, and a relatively easy/semi-cheap possible cure if not preventative maintenance, especially while doing transmission service. I was gonna say, a '13 with only 15k miles DAMN. My '13 has 162k and I haven't had any issues there yet but get will get replaced next time I drop the tranny pan. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mick VT

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't exactly to me either but that lead frame does have both the sensor(s) and the slider switch thing for the transmission shift selector built into it, and a relatively easy/semi-cheap possible cure if not preventative maintenance, especially while doing transmission service. I was gonna say, a '13 with only 15k miles DAMN. My '13 has 162k and I haven't had any issues there yet but get will get replaced next time I drop the tranny pan. Good luck.

Yeah I got real lucky with finding this truck (maybe this is the tin yang payback lol) - I am thinking of telling the dealer that if they cannot pinpoint it, to just swap the lead frame anyway

OP
OP
Mick VT

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off at the dealer today - told them if they can't reproduce it for diagnosis to quote me on changing out the lead frame in the trans... service desk guys says "you been doing research on the internet or something?"

OP
OP
Mick VT

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer tech can't reproduce the problem, but fortunately I thought to write down exactly what I was experiencing and their transmission guy agrees that it is most likely the lead frame. They are going to change it out and change the trans filter while in there.

Of course the power train warranty expired about 3 months ago

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi there...we are still having the exact same issue. any luck with the dealer work?

OP
OP
Mick VT

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Hope that cured it permanently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed! I have put a few hundred miles on it since both highway and round town and all seems good - total cost which included a regular oil service on top of the trans service and lead frame was just over $600

Gotta thank you BenBB for pointing me in the direction of the lead frame, without that I dont think I would have been able to help the dealer pinpoint the issue

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime! Not a bad cost either, way better than a rebuild or waiting forever for the problem to come up for the mechanic. Gotta do mine one of these days as preventative...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk