GEN 2 Really need help with rear seat heater.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it can be turned off via forscan. Understand that you can't get help from Ford directly, but I would look for help from a local shop/mechanic, even if they specialize in other vehicles. I don't think the heated seat setup is complicated.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Verify that fuse F94 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB, under hood) isn’t open as well as fuse F36 in the Body Control Module (BCM, behind passenger side kick panel).

You will not have DTCs for this issue, as the Rear Heated Seat Module does not communicate on any network or report DTCs. I can provide you with additional diagnostics, just send me a DM.

OP
OP
S

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verify that fuse F94 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB, under hood) isn’t open as well as fuse F36 in the Body Control Module (BCM, behind passenger side kick panel).

You will not have DTCs for this issue, as the Rear Heated Seat Module does not communicate on any network or report DTCs. I can provide you with additional diagnostics, just send me a DM.
I checked the fuses. They are ok

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What is the DM ?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See if these diagrams help. I know fuses have changed around from certain years but the diagrams should still be accurate. I would check the Rear heated seat module.

upload_2021-2-6_14-31-17.png

upload_2021-2-6_14-30-2.png
upload_2021-2-6_14-33-15.png
upload_2021-2-6_14-41-20.png

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the DM ?

Direct Message. If you click the "Inbox" tab on the top right, there is an option to start a new conversation. If you need additional diagnostic help, feel free to ask.

The diagrams Antho posted should be very helpful.

@Antho - are those diagrams for a 2019? The wiring diagram I'm pulling up is slightly different, mine shows Fuse F104 powering the relay.

upload_2021-2-6_16-4-28.png

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Direct Message. If you click the "Inbox" tab on the top right, there is an option to start a new conversation. If you need additional diagnostic help, feel free to ask.

The diagrams Antho posted should be very helpful.

@Antho - are those diagrams for a 2019? The wiring diagram I'm pulling up is slightly different, mine shows Fuse F104 powering the relay.

View attachment 161486

@FordTechOne Sorry, Just saw this. I have 2017 and 2019 but when im on my phone its hard to find the correct year. Purely a result of my unorganized share drive folders.