Really ferd? no bead lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting article Russ; I appears in the long run it's just a CYA for manufactures. Maddigi goes on to suggest "if the bolts are not tight" As a mechanic, makes no sense to me. Equates to if your lug nuts are not tight. Both equal the same end result. "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel". I have three calibrated and registered torque wrenched and engineering charts that marry every type bolt with every type material. I have worked with the liability of knowing if I don't properly torque the head bolts on an engine I just rebuilt it will be my ass my customer wants a piece of. The whole issue sounds like the sticker on your new lawn mower asking you not to put your hand under it while running.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe saying that no one takes responsibility for their own actions? As in this case the DUI person doesn’t think it is their fault?

So society in general is filled with people that are like drunk drivers who don't take responsibility for the damage the cause. Got it.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve got over 40,000 miles on my non-beadlock, but “beadlock capable” rims. They’ve been just fine, air down your tires, actually quite capable on their own.

RAD972

Reaction score
Hey everyone FNG here...I just purchased my new to me 2018 Raptor with 40k miles back in December. Found this very informative forum and Happy to be part of the Raptor community.

Anyway I've been doing some research and trying to figure out if the wheels on my Raptor are actual beadlocks I know ford makes the capable beadlocks but I haven't seen any set-up like mine...plus the tire looks wider then a standard Raptor tire. I'll post a pic if anyone can confirm it would be great.

Previous owner was the Ford dealers son. Also if these are the real deal does anyone know what the Torque specs are for these or where I can find the maintenance requirements on them. Never owned beadlocks. I had a fully built Jeep Wrangler last 12 years but never got the beadlocks for that either.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20211218_195927.jpg
    20211218_195927.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20211218_195914.jpg
    20211218_195914.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 34

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ruling will never stand up in an appeal, since the two issues (rotation and lug nuts) are interrelated. They failed to acknowledge that the "rotation" included removing the lug nuts, once removed they must be replaced, or the failure creates a safety issue. The Judge(s) that made this ruling should be disbarred since they have failed to uphold the intent of the law in protecting customers from negligent practices. One could say that replacing a crankshaft does not include tightening the main bearing caps back down by their flawed logic, thereby ruining the engine. The ruling is absurd and will never stand up to an appeal.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone FNG here...I just purchased my new to me 2018 Raptor with 40k miles back in December. Found this very informative forum and Happy to be part of the Raptor community.

Anyway I've been doing some research and trying to figure out if the wheels on my Raptor are actual beadlocks I know ford makes the capable beadlocks but I haven't seen any set-up like mine...plus the tire looks wider then a standard Raptor tire. I'll post a pic if anyone can confirm it would be great.

Previous owner was the Ford dealers son. Also if these are the real deal does anyone know what the Torque specs are for these or where I can find the maintenance requirements on them. Never owned beadlocks. I had a fully built Jeep Wrangler last 12 years but never got the beadlocks for that either.

Thanks in advance.
Those are the beadlock capable wheels and those are the ford performance aftermarket beadlock rings you have also here's the thread from this forum about the rings for gen 2
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/beadlock-wheel-trim-ring-torque-and-thread-lock-info.82859/

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Those have been converted to true beadlocks. Installation instructions are below which also have torque specs. The wheel pictured is the older style but Ford lists these instructions for both style wheels. Note the torque sequence in the diagram, if you don't follow that you'll have problems. Also make sure you use a good torque wrench that is in spec. If you break one of these off they are not fun to get out of the wheel. I run true beadlocks on my Jeeps and I usually replace the bolts if I dismount a tire.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the way the wheels look with the beadlock rings. I'm just wondering if I'd ever have an issue. It's very tempting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free