Really ferd? no bead lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....From the f-150/Raptor owners manual:

Note:Converting the bead-lock compatible
wheel to true bead-locks is for off-road use
only. We do not approve of the use of true
bead-locks for on-road driving.
If your vehicles equipped with the optional
bead lock compatible wheel, you can
convert this wheel to use a true bead-lock
ring, which allows operation at low tire
pressures when off-road to minimize the
risk of de-beading the tire. See your local
Ford Performance Parts Dealer for more
information.

So your trying to tell me the ones on my brand new truck are fake?

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of your wheels? If you have beadlock capable wheels on your truck it's just a beauty ring from factory. Their just saying you have to go out of your way to "break" the law If you use them onroad as they feel liable if they provide them with the vehicle I would think

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like @NJ2020 said If you need them get them if not don't bother, I wanted to get them really for the "look" but I backed out as If insurance found out In the event of an accident and it was deemed the fault of the beadlock well it would be a bad day..... beadlocks have roughly 24 bolts? It boils down to people being lazy and negligent really. It's a part of the rim that is independent from the rest of the rim and requires regular maintenance in the form of checking torque

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silly question NJ but why? If the tire is properly inflated what is detrimental about the lock?
Torquing 24 bolts in sequence for each wheel once a month doesn’t sound fun, would be heavier, and pretty pointless unless you’re doing serious off-roading. Not to mention the DOT side of things.

Pretty cool Ford offers that capability though.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(sighs) back to that "research" thing....."oh cool! bead lock wheels" ....what's bead lock....oh cool, nice feature. I could see me doing something that low pressure tires would sure help. I do it on my dirt bike all the time. ....later after investigation....."illegal?" ...why? Real ones? Plus $860 bucks and sum odd freight. Screw up insurance claim when one "may pop". And all because lazy people can't perform maintenance? Remember when your VW owners manual told you how to adjust the valves? ...guess not. .....what a sorry state of affairs. ....I am too old for this world of "it's always someone else's fault." Didn't torque your lock rings! PENALTY CLAUSE!......Drunk and hit telephone pole? Bar tenders fault, telephone company's fault, highway department fault, auto manufacture fault, tire manufacture fault.....ugh. Everyone's fault but the ass that did it.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(sighs) back to that "research" thing....."oh cool! bead lock wheels" ....what's bead lock....oh cool, nice feature. I could see me doing something that low pressure tires would sure help. I do it on my dirt bike all the time. ....later after investigation....."illegal?" ...why? Real ones? Plus $860 bucks and sum odd freight. Screw up insurance claim when one "may pop". And all because lazy people can't perform maintenance? Remember when your VW owners manual told you how to adjust the valves? ...guess not. .....what a sorry state of affairs. ....I am too old for this world of "it's always someone else's fault." Didn't torque your lock rings! PENALTY CLAUSE!......Drunk and hit telephone pole? Bar tenders fault, telephone company's fault, highway department fault, auto manufacture fault, tire manufacture fault.....ugh. Everyone's fault but the ass that did it.