Real world MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
I average 14-15mpg around town, but it's a pretty hilly area. On the highway I see about 19-19.5mpg. Around town I can limp it to roughly 18mpg, BUT that was with barely doing the speed limit and accelerating at 1,900 rpms and less... Hardly fun! If you love the TRX and it's not your daily I wouldn't swap it out just for marginally better mpg's. With the trade in alone you'll lose any gas savings on the transaction most likely.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Anyone worried about MPG should buy something else. Every time I see a MPG threads I cringe...it's a truck. It's not a Corolla. :banghead: Better yet grab a Lighting order...you can then worry about range.

You will get somewhere between 8 and 18 MPG. Make sense?

pghraptor34

Reaction score
Anyone worried about MPG should buy something else. Every time I see a MPG threads I cringe...it's a truck. It's not a Corolla. :banghead: Better yet grab a Lighting order...you can then worry about range.

Generally I'm with you, but it is part of the ownership experience. The MPG threads are helpful for potential buyers coming from a different form factor (SUV, sedan, compact etc.). From someone with another pickup... It's a truck, it gets truck-like fuel efficiency. :eek:

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Buys 100K Off-Road and is concerned about MPG.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes I know I've had a few trucks in my day. If I was that concerned I would not have bought the TRX BUT there is a decent difference between the two trucks especially with gas prices going up.

We have 888 days left of this POS in the White House...plenty of time to get gas to $10 a gallon to push their green new deal. Make us suffer so much that we "have to" go electric. They want gas prices to go through the roof.

housecat

Reaction score
About 1200mi, I'm getting 16.5-17mpg on 93 gas. Was closer to 14mpg on 87 that the dealer put in.

Yeah yeah 100k truck shouldn't be concerned about mpg but every dollar saved is another dollar toward another chicken tendy meal