Real world MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
”Pretty easy on the pedal & no better than 300 miles a tank”. Something’s not adding up. Pretty easy on the pedal will net you a hell of a lot more than 8.33 MPG. What’s the full story?
I’m driving mostly city, here and there I put the foot down pulling away from traffic, it’s almost got 2000miles on the clock now and ive done full tanks in quiet mode exhaust, babying it around and it gets maybe 350 max! Not a chance as raptor gets 500 miles to a tank unless your pushing it half the way!!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually got 15.2 and 15.1. the last two tanks. approx 500 per tank.. but mostly freeway driving. and this computer is shit. I hand calculated. both times the computer said 16.2 and 16.1 1 mpg off. I wasn't really babying it but was taking it easy. I guess driving more normal helps, but damn driving normal is so hard to do. I think ill go back to getting 14 mpg. much more fun.

Last edited:

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just under 400 miles on my 35 and I’m getting 12.5 mpg so far. This is strictly local miles and no freeway driving. Hopefully it will improve some!

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just under 400 miles on my 35 and I’m getting 12.5 mpg so far. This is strictly local miles and no freeway driving. Hopefully it will improve some!
Exactly what I’m getting and I just turned 3k miles

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll have $10 ($11+ premium) gas by August...trust me. Could be $14 by years end. It's already $9 in CA. So factoring that in still bad either way. I don't care--can't do anything about it and I refuse to drive anything else for my truck use. As JP Morgan said today 'there is a hurricane...not storm...coming in the next few months'.

He won't need another 888 days to destroy what's left of US. Going to be a bumpy ride.
$2.75 in Iowa, don’t believe everything you hear.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I’m getting and I just turned 3k miles
Same here too. I have 4800 miles and one oil change at 1k miles. I sure hope to see better numbers on long highway drives. We havent taken it anywhere far yet. I had a gen2 in 2018. I seem to think that thing got 15mpg driving the same roads my gen3 is now. But maybe I am incorrect in my memory. Who knows. But I am somewhat disappointed seeing 12.5 when driving it nice and easy.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice and easy for me is getting me 19+. From the start at 0 (Trip 2) is at 19.6. Wooo is me.....

'course I'm an old fart.....

chadinokc

Reaction score
Just made a long trip from OKC, OK to East TN, about 930 miles. I set the cruise at 70mph the whole way. Best I saw on the trip computer was 19.9. This is with premium 91 from Sam’s club. After I filled up in Memphis with 93, seems like economy went down or just more hills further in TN. Dropped down eventually to 18.9. Still pretty good IMO. I average 13-14 in town. Mine is a 2023 with 35 inch tires