ready to order a truck, one last thing to decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a tough call but I’m leaning towards it.

Here’s my spec

Scab -race red
Recaro interior
Bead lock wheels
Spray in bed liner

Sethrad

Reaction score
I might suggest that you need to consider the profile you want to project. It’s a Raptor, so it’s a statement...PERIOD. It’s a bit more subtle without the appliqué. It’s more “in your face” with the appliqué. A quick story...last night I took my wife out to dinner in Nashville and one of the high end hotels in town. We pulled up to the valet (there was no other place to park there). I have a white Raptor, no appliqué but I have four ********* wheels and tires on the truck. It’s clean. I pull up along side a Mercedes, a Porsche and a BMW. The German car owners are all in slacks and dress shirts. I was wearing jeans, boots and a white t-shirt. The valet guy runs up to me first and says “Good evening, Sir. Mind if I keep this truck parked right here up front for you?” The German car owners all look at me like “WTF?!?!” I looked back at the Porsche owner and said “You, my friend, are in Tennessee, no one give a s*#t about your German piece of crap!” My point...it’s about image YOU want to project. That said, my two daughters want appliqués on my truck. What heck to I know???

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 SCREW came with the FORD Raptor tailgate applique. I also have the built in tailgate step and bed extenders. All well worth the extra cost.

The applique is plastic so it serves to protect that area of the tailgate from dings and small dents too.

Aloha,

HT

Sparty94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the appliqué (it’s lifting up along the bottom edge on a 2019) but saw another Raptor on the road recently and it looked good with just the raised black Raptor logo on the corner of the tailgate. I would recommend the tailgate step. I have all of your selected options plus a few more. The tailgate step is nice. I really like the carbon fiber interior option. I don’t have any of the factory stickers. The bead lock wheels look great.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive finally narrowed down exactly what spec i want but there is one last thing im torn on.

the FORD applique

im going to get the truck in race red with no stickers but im very torn. seems like most owners have them as does everyone that wishes they had a raptor. part of me says its a bold truck and it makes a raptor a raptor. but part of me says be more subtle and lose it like the graphics for more of a sleeper look.

does anyone have a picture of a 802a race red with no applique? ive seen 800a red but im worried that without it could be too boring and monotone.
You don’t order a Race Red Raptor NOT to stand out. It’s already an eye catcher. Get the appliqué.