ready to order a truck, one last thing to decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive finally narrowed down exactly what spec i want but there is one last thing im torn on.

the FORD applique

im going to get the truck in race red with no stickers but im very torn. seems like most owners have them as does everyone that wishes they had a raptor. part of me says its a bold truck and it makes a raptor a raptor. but part of me says be more subtle and lose it like the graphics for more of a sleeper look.

does anyone have a picture of a 802a race red with no applique? ive seen 800a red but im worried that without it could be too boring and monotone.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IVE GOT A 17 I KIND OF LIKE THE APPLIQUE.EASY TO PICK OUT RARTORS.MINE DOESNT HAVE ONE.

Reaction score
I never really cared for the applique as the raptor does a good enough job standing out without it. I can snap a picture of my tailgate but mine is performance blue and I don't think there is any difference with the tailgate between an 802A with the applique delete and the 800A you've seen already.

Pipo6007

Reaction score
I vote for having the appliqué. The little blue ford oval there I do not like but that’s just my opinion. I didn’t pursue a gray one because of that. Just found one with it and heading there tomorrow to try and reach a deal.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it along with the tailgate step. If you hate it there have been several guys looking to trade their non appliqué tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it.

I have the Ruby red, wanted it without graphics. It came with them when it showed up. Lousy ordering guy. Neighbor in town got one with out any graphics or appliqué.

As it goes by you have to look twice to realize it was a raptor.

Tailgate and grill are Special to these trucks, atleast until everyone with an XL put chinese knockoff FORD grills on.

No Clue

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of excessive badging but I'd get the applique. You're not going to attain the sleeper look with them fenders and hood, plus IMO the blue oval looks out of place on the Raptor.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You cannot get the road dust washed off from behind the plastic. Makes a mess.My raptor is a work truck. Damned fine work truck. Am I supposed to treat it like a princess so shes in good shape for the next guy?

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the applique or graphics and it's Magnetic. People still know it a Raptor.
A few walk around it before they are sure, but mine is also a SCAB and they are rarer.

I like not having the applique. I also took off the rear Raptor insignia.