Ready to Give-UP :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order back on june 14th that **** was never built waited and waited! placed a new order back in oct when the 22 raptor orders began and not a single hope for anything. Wondering if i should just get my 2k deposit back from my dealer thats probably just ******* with me and doesnt have any accolations. I even stopped coming on here and checking the status with ford performance that maybe one day i will chat and they say its got a VIN lol. **** FORD and those chips

Been waiting with you the whole time so I understand your frustration. Never hurts to have more than one option. But we're very early in the 2022 game. They're not even being produced yet and we've had extremely limited scheduling (holidays, etc).

My dealer just informed me on Monday that my truck is to be part of February 2022 production (don't have a Vin yet since they haven't scheduled for February yet, but the zone rep is stepping in and adjusting the priority since I've been waiting since June 2021).

Do you know if your dealer received allocations during the 2021 run? The fact that my dealer did have a 37 allocation last year gave me confidence after the 2022 order banks opened. My buddy was ahead of me in line (his truck is currently in built but in chip hold purgatory).

OP
OP
LPZML

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you (original order placed in june, unscheduled clean forever) and eventually i found a 21 on a lot 45 mins away and i scooped it up, canceled my order and have lived happily ever since. I would keep your order, but look on autotrader every day and keep calling around. Ive now had my truck for 2 months and have no doubt that if i didnt find the one on the lot, i would still be waiting for my june ordered truck
exactly what i started doing again!

OP
OP
LPZML

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been waiting with you the whole time so I understand your frustration. Never hurts to have more than one option. But we're very early in the 2022 game. They're not even being produced yet and we've had extremely limited scheduling (holidays, etc).

My dealer just informed me on Monday that my truck is to be part of February 2022 production (don't have a Vin yet since they haven't scheduled for February yet, but the zone rep is stepping in and adjusting the priority since I've been waiting since June 2021).

Do you know if your dealer received allocations during the 2021 run? The fact that my dealer did have a 37 allocation last year gave me confidence after the 2022 order banks opened. My buddy was ahead of me in line (his truck is currently in built but in chip hold purgatory).
good idea i might do the same and ask my dealer if there is anything he can do and contact that zone rep to see if i can be pushed up

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol great. Last communication I had with my dealer on 11/4 shows my VIN# and scheduled now for week of Jan 24th. It's a 2022. My insurance company was able to run the VIN and it comes back as my build. FP chat says the same. Help what am I missing here?
You aren't missing anything. You have a VIN and you are scheduled. Now you get to wait until it's built, and pray it doesn't get delayed. :)

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to just wait on the 3rd or 4th year of production. Waiting for the world supply chain to right itself and for mid-generational updates. If history repeats itself, you should be able to negotiate below MSRP. So I guess it depends on how much you "need" it.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to just wait on the 3rd or 4th year of production. Waiting for the world supply chain to right itself and for mid-generational updates. If history repeats itself, you should be able to negotiate below MSRP. So I guess it depends on how much you "need" it.
I normally wait for later model years too. But the vehicle market is so high that it makes no sense to do so. Sure, you will be able to buy below MSRP down the road, but your current vehicle will also be worth significantly less. So it really comes out as a wash.

@LPZML in reference to the original post, I feel your pain. Got my Gen 3 ordered back in June, but nothing has materialized. I know employees that work for Ford, who still haven’t received their orders after submitting them back in June. Moreover, seeing that others on here are having clunking issues, I am glad my truck hasn’t been built yet because I would lose my mind—I especially pity the fools that paid an ADM and are dealing with such lol. I am scheduled for Jan/Feb as it stands, so anxiously waiting. The interior and technology upgrades are significant over the Gen 2. Not to mention, the suspension upgrades. So the wait will be worth it.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally wait for later model years too. But the vehicle market is so high that it makes no sense to do so. Sure, you will be able to buy below MSRP down the road, but your current vehicle will also be worth significantly less. So it really comes out as a wash.
I agree about the pricing being a wash except I won't get my value back on suspension upgrades and would need to turn around and do it again on the Gen 3. So for me it would be a loss. And that's with the assumption aftermarket parts were even available, which they aren't.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order back on june 14th that **** was never built waited and waited! placed a new order back in oct when the 22 raptor orders began and not a single hope for anything. Wondering if i should just get my 2k deposit back from my dealer thats probably just ******* with me and doesnt have any accolations. I even stopped coming on here and checking the status with ford performance that maybe one day i will chat and they say its got a VIN lol. **** FORD and those chips
Sadly the current state of the entire auto industry (parts shortages etc) and rapid inflation is creating a less than ideal buyers market...I was lucky enough to get a gen 3...the gen 3 is an improvement over the gen 2, which I drove for 3 trouble free years 2018....The GEN 3--- at least when everything is working-software issues and build issues are common and require trips to the dealer...I am enjoying the gen 3...but it is definitely a high maint vehicle at this point....my 2018 rover was great until the transfer case failed (under warranty) I was considering buying it at at the end of lease for @ $66k....The transfer case repair cost was $9,875---again warranty covered it but the warranty was ending soon.
Sorry for the long winded answer....I could have just kept my 2018 with 36K miles and I would be 90% as happy as I am with the 2021...the 2021 isn't bad ----much better transmission and engine programming and suspension improvements are noticeable (fox live shocks) Interior electronics are nice to look at ...but the software running them has some issues.
If I could find a 2019 or 2020 Raptor at a reasonable price and add a Flood Ford Warranty (Cam phasers appear to be a ticking time bomb) ---That's what I would recommend and find a new dealer that orders at MSRP and wait for a 2022 or 2023...my .02 cents

M60gunr

Reaction score
I had same situation. Ordered June 15th, Unscheduled-Clean forever until I kept digging for answers and someone finally told me that this truck probably will not be built. Had dealer edit order to a 2022. This time I actaully received an e-mail from Ford thanking me for my order and letting me know it was in process and they will update me every step of the way. I never got that when I ordered my 2021. Anyone else get a similar e-mail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free