Re: Gen II Raptor NONSENSE - PLEASE READ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
In short, we need to put a stop to this GEN 1 vs. GEN II Raptor bickering/********/nonsense. We need to get along, and I think we can.

This goes for everyone.

GEN 1 owners / forum vets need to understand that the new Raptor may appeal to individuals who never considered purchasing a Raptor before. There are also many GEN 1 owners who might be looking to trade in for the GEN 2 when it's released. I DO NOT want any of our usual suspects running off prospective 2017 Raptor owners. This forum will die unless we are welcoming to the GEN 2 Raptor owners.

These new and prospective owners are just as excited as you and I once were prior to purchasing our GEN 1 trucks. The difference, we didn't have to answer to anyone about anything. Besides the brief and usually comical 5.4L vs. 6.2L discussion threads, or 3.0 shock **** measuring contests, there was never any reason for us not to support each other. That is what has made FRF a great forum.

On the flip side, new members and prospective 2017 Raptor owners need to calm the **** down. The truck hasn't been released yet, and we know literally nothing about it until we can get our hands on it. We all have pride in our trucks, and it will remain that way until the end of time. New members (you know who you are) should keep that in mind. Intentional fire starting and trolling with regard to the 2017 Raptor will not be tolerated.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are excited to learn more about the 2017 Raptor, and possibly get behind the wheel of one. We are here to LEARN about the new Raptor. Not ARGUE about it.

We will allow wayward threads to run their course, as we always do. But if you plan on being an *******, just keep in mind that you will be wasting your time. Any thread in question will inevitably be closed, and idiots will be banned as with anything else. Also remember, it takes a lot to get banned from this forum. If you manage to get banned, you should take a hard look at your life.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen. I check the 2017 forum daily hoping to find factual info, pic's/video, and updates, but I typically have to wade through many BS posts to find anything useful. It has been a little frustrating.

I've owned two Raptors (2011 and a 2012 SCREW), but I'm unfortunately Raptor-less right now. I recently took advantage of the ridiculously high re-sale and got exactly what I originally paid for my brand new 2012 Raptor nearly 4 years later. Now, I'm just waiting for the 2017 order banks to open up. I'm thinking an Avalanche gray SCREW with black or charcoal wheels.

I loved the first gen, but I think that I'll like the 2017+ Raptor even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.