Ravelco vs. Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you all liking the Ravelco system? I am going to add it over the next couple of weeks. My vehicle is garaged and is safe while at home. But have been traveling a lot and my concern is someone seeing a desirable truck that took me a year to get. Would much rather replace a door, window, etc, then have to find a new truck that I bought for MSRP and is $8k cheaper than a similar specd truck lol. It sucks that we have to take preventive measures to make sure our trucks aren’t stolen.

Last edited:

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ravelco for both my '14 RR and '21 Landcruiser. I can replace the broken window(s) from the failed theft attempt with ins. but not the vehicles as they don't (and won't) make em anymore. Both with under dash bracket location.

Hey @petlh and @TexasAggie94 , based on your locations, I assumed you used the Ravelco installer in DFW? If so, were you pleased with the work? I'm about to get one installed on my Gen3 after having my Gen2 stolen in Houston in October.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In 2002 I payed around $350-ish to install Ravelco in a 2001 Tacoma. Since then, I've had it installed in a 2005 tundra, '96 Bronco, 1999 Chevy K1500, 2012 f150 ecoboost, and my 2011 Raptor. The price definitely jumped a LOT, but it's never, ever been beaten. In 40 years, (according to them). And no reasonable person looking to buy a vehicle that has it would hesitate if they saw it. Until this gubmint starts to treat a thief like a thief, it's a smart move.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In 2002 I payed around $350-ish to install Ravelco in a 2001 Tacoma. Since then, I've had it installed in a 2005 tundra, '96 Bronco, 1999 Chevy K1500, 2012 f150 ecoboost, and my 2011 Raptor. The price definitely jumped a LOT, but it's never, ever been beaten. In 40 years, (according to them). And no reasonable person looking to buy a vehicle that has it would hesitate if they saw it. Until this gubmint starts to treat a thief like a thief, it's a smart move.
FYI you made the same post earlier in the thread. #17

petlh

Reaction score
Hey @petlh and @TexasAggie94 , based on your locations, I assumed you used the Ravelco installer in DFW? If so, were you pleased with the work? I'm about to get one installed on my Gen3 after having my Gen2 stolen in Houston in October.
Good guy and good service twice over. PM sent with POC details.

steved57

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the unit be mounted on a bracket of some sort so as to not have to drill hole in dash ?