Ravelco vs. Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading this makes me realize how some of you bros have to live, and it's sad. Around here about 25-30%% of folks leave their keys in the ignition while at home. 1 in 10 cars at Walmart have the keys hanging in the switch. I've never taken the keys out of my Kubota RTV1100 and leave it parked at the bus stop a (quarter mile away) all day for my daughter to drive home, and it's full of tools.
I know that to some this sounds stupid, but life in the country is quite different.
I guess country thieves realize that farmers can accurately shoot long distances,
and more importantly,,, own backhoes.
View attachment 360191
Where I live, it's not much of a concern. However, if I go to DFW, Austin, Houston, or especially San Antonio, the truck can be in Mexico before you know it's gone.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Ravelco installed last week, it works perfectly. I did it so I would not lose my dog if the truck was stolen. However, the more I thought, the more I realized that if the truck was taken, it will be very difficult to get a replacement. That is not to mention on a road trip 2000 miles from home, exiting the hotel to fine the truck gone. Now think about locking the fob inside the truck and using the door combo to lock it so you can jump in a lake, go fishing, or on a run. Dirtbag breaks window, pushes ignition and off they go. Even with the fob inside, it will not start. The Ravelco plug can get wet, it is about the size of a quarter It is much better than a kill switch, they are easy to find. A club can be cut in seconds. Actually most steering wheels are cut to remove the club. Now I can lock my fob inside the council vault, with my gun, be active and not worry about it.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Ravelco installed last week, it works perfectly. I did it so I would not lose my dog if the truck was stolen. However, the more I thought, the more I realized that if the truck was taken, it will be very difficult to get a replacement. That is not to mention on a road trip 2000 miles from home, exiting the hotel to fine the truck gone. Now think about locking the fob inside the truck and using the door combo to lock it so you can jump in a lake, go fishing, or on a run. Dirtbag breaks window, pushes ignition and off they go. Even with the fob inside, it will not start. The Ravelco plug can get wet, it is about the size of a quarter It is much better than a kill switch, they are easy to find. A club can be cut in seconds. Actually most steering wheels are cut to remove the club. Now I can lock my fob inside the council vault, with my gun, be active and not worry about it.
Can you still use auto start if the revelco is plugged in?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes with the unit plugged in you can do auto start. You can leave it plugged in 99% of the time if you want and when you know the truck is in an area where theft is possible take it out.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. My truck is garaged at home 99.9% of the time, so I would only use the revelco in when parking in shady spots like parking overnight in Vegas at my brothers, etc

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I always remove the Ravelco chip when ever I leave my vehicle. Whether it's for a quick run inside the local post office to get stuff in my PO Box, or parked anywhere else. Sometimes that "quick stop" can turn into waiting in a line, running into a friend, or another situation where you are unable to see or protect your vehicle. I cannot control the amount of a$$ holes in the world, or the fact that they don't get punished even when they are caught; (including on MY land). But I sure can make it hard for them to steal from me.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you still use auto start if the revelco is plugged in?
As long as it is plugged in, yes auto start will work. The only complaint I have is, when I get inside the truck, I forget to plug it in and push the ignition button. Easy remedy, I reach into my pocket and plug it in. Wish I invented it!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the device is plugged in I can use auto start
Right on! I would keep mine plugged in most of the time. Want the device for those one offs that I park overnight somewhere and what not. I’m fortunate to be able to park in the garage 99% of the time.