Ravelco vs. Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking about the Ravelco. It's $700 investment. Not sure what a kill switch would cost, but certainly not $700. Anyone with any experience here with either? Insurance would cover it, but I'd prob never get another raptor. I don't want to drill out the dash either for the Ravelco, I'd rather mount it below, but is that a pain? The bulk of the Ravelco key along with where it has to plug in underneath seems like a hassle. Thanks in advance.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with either (you do lose remote start with Ravelco if it is not plugged in, and probably with kill switch too)
I bought a club for those time I leave it unattended for any period. Still an effective deterrent today.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Ravelco unit mounted under the dash above the gas pedal. It’s a small pain and pi$$es me off that there are butt holes looking to steal what I have. That’s another topic.

The Ravelco gives me some peace of mind. Same with the console safe.

Neither will keep the BH’s from breaking in.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the Ravelco and I think it’s a middle finger to most thieves. If they really want it they’ll flat bed it away.

Key is big but I’ve gotten used to it. Ravelco decals on the window might deter some thieves.

541DEAE6-AE04-4D08-AB27-E2022FE3F8CD.jpegD80D1BEF-4AAA-4258-B74B-857BAF3B5890.jpeg

Relocating the horn is a good idea too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts