Rattling Noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past month I've noticed three (3!) new rattling noises in what used to be a completely silent tight truck. The first was a slight crunchy rattle, like plastic under pressure, in the driver side door, the next is a clicky kind of rattle from the headliner, right above the driver side visor and the third is in the passenger seat.

I've noticed if I press up on the visor into the headliner that noise goes away... Anyone experienced this or have a permanent fix?

I believe the passenger seat rattle is coming from the Advent DVD headrest on that side. Most likely the screen, I'll be sending them a note to see if there is some what to tighten it back down.

The door one has me for a loop. I've verified there is nothing in any of the cubbies that would be moving or pressing against the panel, and I've even been keeping my leg from resting against the door.

I hate noise I can't explain in a car!

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the dumps! These trucks are so quiet that when little things come up it's like right in your face. I did an intercooler last year and just recently I've developed a rattle in the area so I'm sure something has come loose. I just can't find it sitting still and I'm too lazy right now to pull all the skidplates to look.:)

You have a clicky and crunch sound, I have a soft rattle we should be a band or join Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I've removed was the center channel speaker and that was about a year ago. Never touched the door or headliner.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
isn’t the headliner attached with magnets; it’s something easy to remove as I recall. I’d look for one or more fasteners not fully seated or holding.

It could be you have something loose under one of the door panels. Were recalls done for the door locks? if so, the panels came off, and something could be misaligned or loose. They’re easy to get loose and take off, the door latch ... not so much. That is very frustrating if you don’t know how to do it in advance. you don’t always need to disconnect them though and can hang the door panel if need be.

Drswiger

Reaction score
My headliner made an annoying clunk sound and i found it stopped if i had it fully open. Thus , it stays open permanently
One thing i cant stand is rattles!

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isn’t the headliner attached with magnets; it’s something easy to remove as I recall. I’d look for one or more fasteners not fully seated or holding.

It could be you have something loose under one of the door panels. Were recalls done for the door locks? if so, the panels came off, and something could be misaligned or loose. They’re easy to get loose and take off, the door latch ... not so much. That is very frustrating if you don’t know how to do it in advance. you don’t always need to disconnect them though and can hang the door panel if need be.

I haven’t had the door panels off and no recall work done. I need to schedule to camera repair soon so will probably complain to Ford at that time about the noises!

My headliner made an annoying clunk sound and i found it stopped if i had it fully open. Thus , it stays open permanently
One thing i cant stand is rattles!
You talking about the moonroof slide? My noise seems to be coming from right above the visor. If I push up slightly on the visor it goes away for a while.

Drswiger

Reaction score
Thats were mine rattled. I have a new bibration noise now which only occurs when in drive with the brake on. Its a pain in tbe ass because its impossible to hunt down by myself because if the put tbe ebrake on to start searching, the bell chime goes off and of course you cant hear it!