Rattling noise fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Here's my update on that horrible rattling noise I was hearing from my heater box area behind my dash.

They said the heater hose from the heater core to the heater box has a restrictor inside the hose. The restrictor controls the amount of "heater water" that goes in to the heater box. The restrictor inside my old hose had failed which was allowing a rush of water in to the heater box area which was vibrating internal moving parts(they can't say for sure exactly what). Well, apparently this happens a lot because they called the Ford Service Hotline and Ford was able to diagnose the problem over the phone with only a description and sent them the part. The part took over a month to come in from Ford and the repair only took about an hour + test drive.

Here's the heater hose:

IMG00291-20100903-1237.jpg

And here's the restrictor you can see it clamped inside the hose:

IMG00289-20100903-1237.jpg

Also, I asked them about the new transmission program that's available because I was experiencing very hard downshifts around 40 and 60 MPH. I also had an issue where under heavy acceleration my engine would hit its REV LIMITER prior to shifting fully from 1-2 which would make the truck bog and them slam in to gear. They uploaded the new re-program and cleared the adaptive memory. He thinks this will solve both issues. I'll keep you guys posted.