GEN 2 Rattle When Off Throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbags

Reaction score
Hi All,

My truck is MY2017. I don't believe this is the VCT or solenoid rattle that others have dealt with. The rattle comes around 1) under 15 mph and 2) when off the throttle and immediately stops when you hit the gas.

I recorded it in my garage because with wind it was impossible to pick up with the phone. But when driving, the rattle drones on and doesn't stop until you put the gas back on or stop.

Dealer has had it for a week and cannot figure out what it is but admits there is a rattle. Hoping this community will have better luck than the dealer.

OP
OP
S

Sbags

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. The dealership for some reason thinks it's the rear differential. I told them that can't be the case because the video I linked above was when the vehicle was in neutral. I suggested that it could be the baffles in the exhaust given that it happens when stationary and at a certain rpm when off throttle.

To me it doesn't sound like the wastegate rattle, it's much louder...

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this back up. The dealership for some reason thinks it's the rear differential. I told them that can't be the case because the video I linked above was when the vehicle was in neutral. I suggested that it could be the baffles in the exhaust given that it happens when stationary and at a certain rpm when off throttle.

To me it doesn't sound like the wastegate rattle, it's much louder...
Sounds like exhaust or shield rattling