Rattle, Ticking, clicking sound behind interment cluster at freeway speeds. Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
'22 Raptor 35 with about 2,800 miles.

Out of the blue today on the freeway I got this strange rapid rattle, clicking, ticket sound. It seems to be coming from right behind the digital instrument cluster. It is not super noticeable under 50 MPH but as you go faster 65+ it gets louder and seems to tick faster the faster I go.

Going to make a dealer appointment but wanted to see if anybody had this issue or might know what it could be. It almost sounds like a card on a bike wheel.

I did my best to get it on video. Turn up volume.

Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
J

jsimon77

Reaction score
Almost sounds like a small relay freaking out.
Yes…I thought the same thing. Would it be odd that a relay could get louder the faster it goes? A speedometer relay? :)

Wondering if it’s maybe the front cowl somewhere rapidly vibrating in the wind.

I know these sounds can throw their voice but it’s pretty clear behind or just under the cluster.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes a loose nut behind the wheel will make strange noises. Ask Oldfart, I think he has had a few loose nuts behind the wheel, maybe that was on the wheel, anyway good luck

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same noise it was actually coming from corner piece (blue cruise sensor) you need to remove that plastic piece and seal around the gaskets. Apparently the air leak causes something to rattle in there. Happens more on cold days when gaskets are stiffer.

OP
OP
J

jsimon77

Reaction score
I had the same noise it was actually coming from corner piece (blue cruise sensor) you need to remove that plastic piece and seal around the gaskets. Apparently the air leak causes something to rattle in there. Happens more on cold days when gaskets are stiffer.
Thanks BabaMike. Was your noise also speed dependent? I'm assuming so since you mentioned an air leak? The fast I got the faster and louder the clicking becomes. Almost sounds like a a rattle snake. Only odd thing is that it really sounds like it is coming from the cluster or just above steering column but I know that can be deceptive.