Rattle above passenger seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New 2018 with 650 miles, rattle above passenger seat. I assume this is the the dual pane moonroof? Anyone else that experienced this have good luck with the dealer remedied solution?

Thanks

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing it, I opened it to the vent up position cleaned it off and reckoned it and it’s gone. I’m sssuming it needed to adjust and reseal in the cold weather.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing it, I opened it to the vent up position cleaned it off and reckoned it and it’s gone. I’m sssuming it needed to adjust and reseal in the cold weather.

Thanks for the response, I tried venting a few times and it didnt work, what did you mean by reckoned it?

It’s definitely been colder here lately

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My rear roof glass panel was rubbing/rattling against the rubber gasket. Sprayed some silicone spray around the outside perimeter, wiped off with a towel. Instant quiet.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear roof glass panel was rubbing/rattling against the rubber gasket. Sprayed some silicone spray around the outside perimeter, wiped off with a towel. Instant quiet.

Ok I’ll try that, thanks!

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I see why many folks don't want the moon roof. I think I might lean towards not getting it. Will lead to some foreseen problem along the way.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typo, I meant re-closed it lol. I just ran my hand down the two surfaces while it was open and that was enough to let it seal tight. My thinking is the cold shrinks the panel ever so slightly and it lets dust in between the gaskets. Once cleaned it re-aligns and is good to go.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typo, I meant re-closed it lol. I just ran my hand down the two surfaces while it was open and that was enough to let it seal tight. My thinking is the cold shrinks the panel ever so slightly and it lets dust in between the gaskets. Once cleaned it re-aligns and is good to go.

Thanks! I will try this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I see why many folks don't want the moon roof. I think I might lean towards not getting it. Will lead to some foreseen problem along the way.

You won’t get one on your non-existent Raptor?

I love the dual pane, makes the truck feel roomier, wouldn’t own a raptor without it

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed mine just recently did this too and it also recently got really cold. I tried venting it and it didn't change. While out this morning I slid it back a little to open it and then closed it and it's gone. Rattle completely gone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk