Rasco with 3.Oooooooooh yeahs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rasco

rasco

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I have 300 very rough desert miles on these shocks.
I have gone through 1 set of tires, and 3 tanks of fuel.
Tuning is spot on, after the shocks warm up a bit, what was once a breaking bump is unnoticeable. Some jumps don't exist now, as that these shocks soak up more rough, and sharp spots than I would have figured.
Corey tunes these shocks, spot on. Dealing with the limited amount of travel a stock framed raptor has is complicated.
Valving the Rebound is critical, and the dampening has to be perfect. Otherwise your truck will bounce around like a hunk of junk on a pogo stick, or will bottom out on anything larger than a candy bar wrapper.

So my final word is....
If you can out drive the stock shocks, and you are serious about pushing your truck. Then buy a set. You will find your self saying a few times "I didn't need to slow down for that" Turn around, and hit it again, and again. You'll get uncomfortable, before these shocks do.

BTW, the warmer these shocks get, the more you tend to get out of them to a point. Unless you are totally caged, and dealing with 3 to 4 miles of solid whoops, you won't find their fade point.

Don't outdrive your ability, or the trucks ability. These shocks are great, but don't add to your experience.

My thanks to Kirk, for suggesting the best!