Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Raptro Tailgate Applique - Add-on

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Spatia, Oct 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

1. Spatia

Spatia Member

I just purchased a Performance Blue Raptor that came with the tailgate applique delete. It was the only option that I wished were different. Can I purchase the applique somewhere and apply it to the tailgate? Are they the same tailgates with and without the applique?

2. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

Not the same gate. You'd have to buy the right one, swap with someone, or modify the applique and basically glue or 3M VHB tape it to the gate.

3. Allen Ribelin

Allen Ribelin Member

A big California dealer's fleet manager told me that the applique could be removed, stated that it was just affixed with 3M tape. I doubted him though :) Mine has the applique but I like the look better without.

4. Kashoggio

Kashoggio Lives in a van down by the river.

The tailgate are not the same, the actual has appliqué is mounted with tabs that click in to the tailgate which has the appropriate holes. It’s easier to find someone who wants to swap and maybe offer up some cash too

5. JJexp

JJexp Member

While I like the appliqué tailgate, I would dump it in a heartbeat for one with the step. Too bad you’re so far away

6. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Hired Gun

[​IMG]

19PANDA likes this.
  7. MO to CA

MO to CA Member

I’d trade you if you were in CA. The tailgate metal is completely different...

8. K223

K223 Full Access Member

I like the appliquè. Looking at these trucks I first said that’s a big bold Ford logo on back. But I shortly said it’s a nice monochrome look and my truck being Magnetic, made it blend together nicely. I have to say that tailgate step is a nice feature. Can still jump up in the bed, but to gracefully walk up it is awesome. I would almost think Ford would have saved weight on the Raptor and not offer these features for a sport truck. Glad they realized these trucks would do double duty.